5 мая 2021 г.

Both Things Can Be True

This Is Us 5×12


Nicky: Miguel, huh? You know, he's the guy who's, uh, banging my brother's wife, right?
Kevin: Well, I call her "Mom," but-but yeah. Um, I think he prefers "Rebecca's husband for over a decade," but-but yeah, that Miguel.

Beth: You know, just ease into it.
Randall: Mm-hmm.
Beth: You know, let other people talk.
Randall: I will try, Beth. I will. But I am an orator. I orate.

Randall: You're practicing Alex's gender pronouns right now, aren't you?
Beth: Hell yeah. You know Tess is mean when you get those wrong.
Randall: I do.
Carol: Ooh, you could always call on me for backup. My non-binary pronoun use is impeccable. Ooh.

Jack: So, what do you think?
Miguel: Hmm.
Jack: "Hmm" what?
Miguel: The ring feels kind of stuck.

Miguel: It was a very good proposal, Jack. I would have said yes.

Toby: Just so you know, Madison, I promise, whatever you say on the playground stays on the playground, as the saying goes.

Toby: The thing is, I-I... I loved my job. And I loved getting dressed up for it. I loved making coffee to take to it. I loved doing it. You know, and I love my kids, but if I'm being honest...
Madison: Hey. What you say at the playground stays at the playground.
Toby: I love my kids, but I don't love spending ten hours a day with them.
Madison: Mm.
Toby: I didn't mean that! I didn't mean that... I totally meant that. The couple of days that I've done it, time has moved very, very slowly. Do you think I'm terrible?
Madison: No. No, I-I think you're honest.

Beth: I thought I had let all that go, but I...
Carol: Well, it's-it's more than letting go. You have to adjust. It's part of being a mother. This is the part where you let go of what you thought would be and adjust to what is.

Carol: ... It took me some time to see that. Too much time, if you ask me. So I hope that you will adjust quicker, Bethany. Time is so precious. You blink and your daughter's grown and you're holed up in her house, trying to make up for 20 years of not adjusting.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий