16 мая 2021 г.

Nomadland (2020)

Angela: Another Smith Lyric I have is, "When you're laughing and dancing, and finally living, you hear my voice in your head and think of me kindly." And then also the one that means the most to me is, "Home, is it just a word? Or is it something that you carry within you?"

Linda: What did you name your van?
Fern: Vanguard.
Linda: Oh, that is very strong.
Fern: She is. Mmm.

Makenzie: Um... My mom says that you're homeless. Is that true?
Fern: No, I'm not homeless. I'm just houseless.

Bob Wells: I think of an analogy as a workhorse. The workhorse that is willing to work itself to death and then be put out to pasture. And that's what happens to so many of us. If society was throwing us away and sending us, the workhorse, out to the pasture, we workhorses had to gather together and take care of each other. And that's what this is all about.

Bob Wells: The way I see it is that Titanics are sinking and economic times are changing. And so my goal is to get the lifeboats out and get as many people into the lifeboats as I can.

Fern: It's like my dad used to say, "what's remembered lives."

Bob Wells: For a long time, every day was, uh... The question was... How can I be alive on this earth, when he's not? And I didn't have an answer. And those were some hard, hard days. But... I realized that I could honor him by, uh, helping people, and serving people. It gives me a reason to go through the day. Some days that's all I've got.

Bob Wells: One of the things I love most about this life is that there's no final goodbye. You know, I've met hundreds of people out here and I don't ever say a final goodbye. I always just say, "I'll see you down the road." And I do. And whether it's a month, or a year, or sometimes years, I see them again. And I can look down the road and I can be certain in my heart that I'll see my son again.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий