8 мая 2021 г.

Brotherly Love

This Is Us 5×13


Randall: It's just so... formal. I mean, he's flying all the way out here to talk about... you know...
Beth: Your racially-charged childhood?
Randall: That's not what I was...
Beth: Randall.
Randall: I asked for this, here it is, and now I wish I could put it off for another 40 years.
Beth: Randall, the man is coming across country to have a long-awaited talk. This needs to happen.
Randall: I know. And it will.

Beth: Look, you said his acting was trash and his father died ashamed of him. He said he hated that they ever adopted you. Can't get any worse.
Randall: It can get worse...

Kevin: Here... No time to get fancy, I just borrowed it from a buddy of mine in acting class.
Randall: But it looks nothing like me. He's... he's pushing 40.
Kevin: Who cares? He's a Black guy, you're a Black guy. It'll be fine.

Randall: You had racial blind spots, Kev. Deep ones that affected me. Not my prom date's dad, you... Yeah.
Kevin: You're-you're grouping me with that guy?!
Randall: I'm not. Because the pain that that man inflicted was intentional. You were just thoughtless and willfully in the dark, which actually somehow hurt more.
Kevin: So I'm a racist?
Randall: No, you said that, Kev, not me.

Kevin: I'm sorry. I'm sorry, Randall. I'm sorry there were things I didn't see when we were growing up. And I'm sorry there are things I, I still don't see... You are my brother. And I love you. You're the only brother I'll ever have. You're my best man.
Randall: Dad didn't die ashamed of you. And the only reason I said it in our fight was because... it was a cheap shot. I'm sorry. He was proud of you. I am proud of you. And I'm sorry that I ever let you think otherwise. Come here. I love you.
Kevin: Love you, too.

Kevin: Rest of the world can't say the ugly thing. But we have to. You're not just my smart, successful brother, Randall. You're my Black, smart, successful brother. And I think maybe I did resent that. And maybe I thought you getting special treatment was mixed up with... with you being Black. And I wanted to take you down a notch, and I... I overlooked things that I shouldn't have. And I took shots at you that I shouldn't have taken. And I was more jealous of you than I should've been.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий