31 мая 2021 г.

Le Bureau des Légendes #4.7

Malotru: I'm an immigrant. I like it.
César: You've become Russian.
Malotru: "When in Rome...
César: ...do as the Romans do."

César: I'm left-handed with a deformed thumb, I wear contacts and am flat-footed. I speak English, Italian and Hebrew. I get hay fever. I code in Python... You must know that.
Malotru: Keep talking.
César: Both my parents are alive. I'm straight and don't smoke. I can only drink one beer, and I take Atarax to sleep. I never sit first. It's an OCD thing. Sometimes, I breathe loudly so I know I'm breathing. I massage my carotid artery when my heart races because I'm afraid of heart attacks. I have vertigo and claustrophobia. I don't read novels, so don't bother with quotes. Same for movies, because I don't see any. But I'm unbeatable at Watchmen and a whiz at Wow.
Malotru: And you have Asperger's.
César: Did you tell them?
Malotru: Sorry, I had to. You know what it is?
César: I'll research online.
César: I was told to tell you this is a NF mission.
Malotru: NF?
César: Yeah.
Malotru: You know what that means?
César: No Fail mission.
Malotru: Agents can be sacrificed on this mission.
César: Who?
Malotru: Anyone. But not you.

Moustapha: I worked at the Tadmor jail. On the register. You understand?
Jonas: You managed the inmate register.
Moustapha: No, in Syria, it means something else. When a political prisoner arrives, the first thing they do is change his name. You have to make him remember his new name. And force the other prisoners to call him by the new name. If anyone disobeys... he's tortured. He is tortured until he forgets his old name. After a few months, if he's still alive, he transfers to a new jail and gets a new name again. Like that, he doesn't exist anymore.

Moustapha: What were French prisons called during the Dark Ages?
Jonas: "Oubliettes".
Moustapha: Oubliettes... That's a nice word. Here too, we have "oubliettes".

Moustapha: It's sheep's brain. Eat. It's very good.
Jonas: Thank you.
Moustapha: Why do you make a face? You eat frogs in France, don't you?

Malotru: When they asked if you were here to spy on them, I was afraid it might be true. You're not here to spy on them?
César: No.
Malotru: And the lie detector confirmed it.
César: ... It would have been the same if I had lied. A word can either be a variable or a constant. If it's a variable, it has no link to reality. I replied "no", as if it were a variable. Not a constant.


On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий