31 дек. 2019 г.

Exit Event

Silicon Valley 6×7


Jian-Yang: Richard, congratulations. It's your very close friend Jian-Yang, and I would like you to give me free shares of Pied Piper.

Jian-Yang: Monica, two men are talking business. You can find your broom and fly away.

Richard: So, uh, this was a message I sent to Monica last week. ... Look at the dots. Count the dots... Look, look. "Every single detail is", dot-dot-dot, "perfect". Okay? There are three dots in that ellipsis, which is the correct number of dots. However, in the message that I sent her, there are... four dots, which is incorrect. Thus, not perfect. It was a joke.
Monica: Was it?
Richard: Yes. Was and is.

Jared: Wait, is it... three dots that's funny or is it four?

Gilfoyle: The others can't help us now. Jared, bolt the doors.
Dinesh: What's in the bag?
Gilfoyle: Clif bars and a gun.

Jared: Okay, is this a good thing or a bad thing? Someone tell me how to feel.
Gilfoyle: Abject terror for you. Build from there.

Gilfoyle: Once launched, our AI will keep learning to break more and more sophisticated parameters. Ultimately, this will mean the end of privacy. Electrical grids, financial institutions, the nuclear launch codes for every single nuclear weapon. All will be exposed. Pure violence will become the only basis of power.
Dinesh: Spare us the apocalyptic desert planet sci-fi bullshit, Frank Herbert.

Gilfoyle: Fix what, Richard? The network is doing exactly what we told it to do. The AI is optimizing the compression and the compression is optimizing the AI. Everything that makes it successful is exactly what makes it dangerous. It's a feature, not a bug.

Gilfoyle: We built a monster. We need to kill it.

Richard: And what about all the other stuff we're gonna do? I mean, give internet to underserved communities, students in the homework gap, refugees, genomic research. Pied Piper can help scientists cure cancer...

Richard: It's like the four-minute mile. Everybody thought it was impossible, until someone did it, and then everybody started doing it because they knew it could be done.


Jared: Right. Roger Bannister. Now, imagine he'd gone into cardiac arrest and evacuated on himself and died. And as he lay there with his prolapsed anus peeking beneath the running shorts on his newly dead body, the crowd jeered and grimaced. That is what has to happen to us... We have to shit ourselves to death.

Dinesh: Are you dumbfucks listening to yourselves? Because I am, and you are dumb. And fucks.

Dinesh: No, I cannot do it.
Of course you can. Your entire life has prepared you to publicly fail. You're just failing to see that right now.

Dinesh: No offense to me, but I am greedy and unreliable, bordering on piece of shit.

Dinesh: Revoke my permissions. Delete my PiperMail account. I will use Gmail like a fucking basic bitch.

Jared: That is the most courageous act of cowardice I've ever seen.

Dinesh: All this because of a fucking dot!

Gilfoyle: Dinesh's car is at the Wendy's drive-thru. Anybody hungry?

Jared: The balloons are falling. Is that a good sign or a bad sign?

Monica: We failed at failing?

Jared: Dear sweet mother of God. What have we done?

Richard: .... Sorry.
Ron Laflamme: Obviously, Mr. Hendricks doesn't mean that in any legally binding or actionable way. Get a life, guys.

Dinesh: So, I did the right thing, I helped save the world, my legs are still super sore, and my reward is that I'm poor.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

The End

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий