24 дек. 2019 г.

The Lost City of Z (2016)

Percy Fawcett: To Death; The best source to Life!

Sir George Goldie: Terrible disease, murderous savages. The journey may well mean your life. But you could reclaim your family name...

Percy Fawcett: Time is of the essence now. War's at stake.
Henry Costin: So you, and I, and a couple of mules are gonna stop a war?
Percy Fawcett: Well then you and I... are going to have to depend on each other. Neither of us will survive this alone.

Henry Costin: We might be a little bit too English for this jungle. Strangers in a strange land...

Percy Fawcett: The river will be our home for the next two years. We shall not fail. Mankind awaits our discoveries.

Percy Fawcett: I see my son's face in my dreams now. What kind of fool am I, to leave my family for this place?

Percy Fawcett: The exit from hell is always difficult, Mr. Costin. But we will get back. The world will know what we've found here.

James Murray: I was, um... Well, I'm a biologist, but I'm also somewhat of an explorer. I was second in command under Shackleton in the Antarctica. Did you know that?

Sir John Scott Keltie: I would suggest keeping such findings to yourself. It is one thing to defend the primitive jungle men. It is quite another to elevate their capacity beyond reason. I mean, no one here would dispute that you believed what you saw, but... such a trip is very hard on the mind. Very hard, indeed.

Percy Fawcett: It states explicitly the discovery of a lost city. Uncovered in Trinity College, Dublin, this week by my lovely wife. Written by a Portuguese soldier in 1753, and I quote, "We came upon the ruins of an ancient city bedecked with gold. Roads... Temples... Ancient symbols..."
William Barkley: What? El Dorado?
Percy Fawcett: No, gentlemen! I call it "Zed." The ultimate piece of the human puzzle! It is there and we must find it!

James Murray: You don't give a wit about me. Or about any of the party. You don't even care about going home. You only care... about your lost... city.


Percy Fawcett: When I was younger, I ventured all for king and country, for place and rank. I believed that to be the makings of a man. But my travels have taught me, such ambitions are mere phantoms. I know in our hearts, we fight for our loves ones, as we should. But they are not here. So instead let us fight for each other. Good luck. And may God be with all of you.

Jack Fawcett: You still believe in Z, do you not?... That we underestimated the Indian. That is why we should go back. You and I, together. We could find the city once and for all.

Percy Fawcett: Be brave. Nothing will happen to us that is not our destiny.

Jack Fawcett: We're going to die. We're going to die here today.
Percy Fawcett: So much of life is a mystery, my boy. We know so little of this world. But you and I have made a journey that other men cannot even imagine. And this has given understanding to our hearts.

Nina Fawcett: "My Percy..... Always teach him to dream, to seek the unknown, to look for what is beautiful is its own reward. And I beg you to remember those words so easy to forget; A man's reach... should exceed his grasp, or what's a Heaven for? My dearest love, forever."

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Σ nostradamvs: «Более или менее неплохой биографический фильм о Перси Фосетте – британском офицере, помешанном на поисках затерянных городов в южноамериканских джунглях, и совершившем с 1906 по 1925 год семь экспедиций в те края. У фильма два минуса. Во-первых, манера съёмок не создаёт ощущения, что его экспедиции длятся годами – кажется, что они плывут пару недель и, кроме того, очень плохо подготовлены (на деле всё не так). Во-вторых, режиссёр не осилил вовремя закончить: фильм стоило завершить, когда Фосетт уходит в последнюю экспедицию: этот 20-минутный выдуманный аппендикс про индейцев совершенно не нужен.»

Σ colonelcassad: «...по сути краткое жизнеописание полковника Фосетта, который с точки зрения авторов фильма стремился к славе и известности, а также к тому, чтобы доказать, что индейцы не отличаются от других людей. Авторы судя по всему так до конца и не определились - был ли Фосетт абсолютным эгоцентристом, который принес и себя и свою семью в жертву своим личным амбициям или же им двигала возвышенная тяга к первооткрывательству порожденному природным любопытством человека. ...

Интересные статьи про экспедицию Фосетта.


Потерянный город Z. Дэвид Гранн
Пропавшая экспедиция Перси Фоссета»

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий