19 дек. 2019 г.

Cocaine Pills and Pony Meat

Atypical 3×3


Sam: As any seasoned explorer will tell you, timing is everything. On Ernest Shackleton's Nimrod Expedition, he was so worried about his team falling behind that he fed them cocaine pills every hour. I don't take cocaine pills, but... I do have an extra bowl of sugar cereal in the morning if I know it's gonna be a big day.

Sam: College makes no sense. My schedule changes every day. There are no bells between classes, and thanks to Archibald Denton's poor planning, the campus is not on a grid. I don't know how people do it.
Zahid: You wanna hear my schedule? 10:50, kiss my ass, 12:10, still in bed, 3:45, getting high, and by 6:00, I'm scoring chicks. Except on Tuesdays and Thursdays when I'm in class all day, because brother takes that shit seriously.

Sam: How do you do that?
Zahid: It's a gift I picked up watching Indian soap operas growing up. I used to think that people always burst into song after doing the deed. It's why I do it.

Sam: Even with all that cocaine, it wasn't enough to get Shackleton's men through an expedition. He also kept them on a strict schedule. When it was time to collect ice specimens, you collected ice specimens. When it was time to kill a seal, you killed a seal. Poor seal. And when it was time to go to sleep... you went to sleep. Or at least you tried.

Elsa: I like your salmon.
Sam: It's a cod fish. You can tell by the two anal fins.
Elsa: Right. I forgot to check the anal fins.


Elsa: Whenever you had a big transition, you'd have trouble sleeping. I'm like this, too. It's why I'm up now.
Sam: You don't have any transitions.
Elsa: Well... for me, your transition is a transition.

Sam: Despite Shackleton's best efforts, by the time he and his men made it back to the Nimrod, they were over 30 days behind schedule. Some had snow blindness. Most had dysentery from eating bad pony meat. You can do all the right things and sometimes you still fall prey to the brutal atmospheric conditions.

Lacrosse Sam: I think you'll be fine. Just don't fall asleep. You may have a concussion and then you'll die.
Sam: I may never sleep again.

Doug: Sam, you are... resilient. You're like a... I don't know, what's resilient?
Sam: A cockroach?
Doug: I was trying to think of something less gross, but sure.

Sam: You know, cockroaches are actually very impressive. They can live for a week without their heads...

Sam: The truth is that no expedition goes exactly as scheduled... Sometimes you get lost. Sometimes you eat bad pony meat... Even the coolest explorers in history had problems. Confronted by obstacles they never saw coming. Forced to eat all kinds of weird stuff... And yet they put aside their fear of the unknown. Whether that meant their ultimate failure... or hopefully eventual success.

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий