12 дек. 2019 г.

The Answer

The Good Place 4×9

Chapter 48


Michael: It's not that easy. He lived a whole life and then 802 afterlives, and a second life, then a second afterlife, and then a third "first" afterlife. His psyche is like a giant bowl of M&M Peep chili. I gotta make sure all the memories go in the right place in the right order.

Chidi: ...more importantly, I proved once and for all that you can always find the answer.
Uzo: The answer to what?
Chidi: To anything. Every problem has an answer. If you just read enough books and think hard enough, you can figure out the answer to any question.
Uzo: I know you're really smart, but that sounds wrong.

Chidi: It's the reason I got into philosophy. The biggest questions and the biggest answers, you just gotta find them.

Michael: Janet knows the answers to all the questions in the universe. Ask her anything.
Chidi: I mean, which answer do I want? I mean, something profound, obviously. It shouldn't be trivial or salacious. Or maybe I should start small and maybe ramp up. Or... I can't... What's the biggest fish?

Jason: Chidi, here's the thing with stuff. You can look at a problem from every angle and drive yourself crazy, but sometimes, you just gotta huck a Molotov cocktail at a drone and see what happens.
Chidi: Is what happens that the drone blows up?
Jason: Usually. I mean, where I'm from, most things blow up eventually, so I learned that when something dope comes along, you gotta lock it down.

Jason: If you're always frozen in fear and taking too long to think about what to do, you'll miss your opportunity and maybe get sucked into the propeller of a swamp boat.


Chidi: I can't just open a door and walk through without knowing what's on the other side. Even with eternity to try, I just don't think that can happen.
Janet: Well, I never thought I'd ever be able to get married. I thought I was too old. I'm infinity, but strange things happen in the afterlife.

Tahani: The confidence comes from failure... You live through the failure and you learn from it.

Eleanor: Okay. I'll take those one at a time, I guess. Um, it was a kiss. I did it because I wanted to... And as far as who it was, it was me, weirdo.

Chidi: Can I ask you a question? Soul mates aren't... real, are they?
Michael: Chidi, in all honesty, I don't know, but I don't think so. ... If soul mates do exist, they're not found. They're made. People meet, they get a good feeling, and then they get to work building a relationship...

Chidi: I never knew they went to counseling...
Michael: Yeah, kids are idiots. If they knew half the stuff their folks were up to, they'd lose their minds.

Chidi: Turns out life isn't a puzzle that can just be solved one time and... and it's done. You wake up every day and you solve it again.
Michael: Terribly inefficient.

Michael: Hi there, Chidi. Welcome back.

Chidi: I think it might be some of the best writing I've ever done... There is NO "Answer"... But Eleanor IS the Answer.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий