12 дек. 2019 г.

The Zookeeper's Wife (2017)

Antonina Zabinska: I don't want to run away. ... People always want to run when they don't know what's coming. It's their first instinct, always to run.

Lutz Heck: We'll give them sanctuary. You know you can trust my word on this. And when the war is over, I can return them to you.
Antonina Zabinska: But what if the war comes to Germany?
Lutz Heck: A terrible thought, I know, and a personal nightmare for me, but I must tell you the Allied forces are very weak. I expect this to be over very soon.

Maurycy Fraenkel: We're going to go where they want us to go, that's all. And when the war is over, we'll come home again...

Antonina Zabinska: And for how long?
Jan Zabinski: They'd be our guests until we found them refuge.
Antonina Zabinska: A human zoo...
Jan Zabinski: We have to keep the grounds in operation, or we're lost. But whatever it is, whatever we do, we have to hide it in plain sight.

Lutz Heck: What do you propose, Frau Zabińska?
Antonina Zabinska: A pig farm, Herr Heck.
Lutz Heck: A pig farm? Is this a joke?

Lutz Heck: I'm sure Göring will be pleased with the idea. And what an irony, a trayf farm fed by Jewish garbage...

Antonina Zabinska: We were running for so long. And no one knows how hard it is, a life in hiding. You can never tell who your enemies are, or who to trust. Maybe that's why I love animals so much. You look in their eyes, and you know exactly what's in their hearts. They're not like people.

Antonina Zabinska: Bring them out. Bring as many as you can.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий