2 дек. 2019 г.

The King (2019)

Hotspur: Where go you, my friend? You're crawling in the wrong direction. That wind you feel is coming from England. Scotland's that way.

Henry IV: Chickens can't fly. But I've seen one... eke enough wing flap to clear a fence. Then it's free. But then so too are the foxes.

Sir John Falstaff: Many times have I seen men in your state. I've been in it many times over myself. For all our rejoice of... courage and valor, nothing stains the soul more indelibly than killing. Never have I felt so vile... than standing victorious on a battlefield. The thrill of victory fades quickly. What lingers long after... is always ugly. Never again, I say.

William: You must be king.

Sir John Falstaff: What King of England?

— All hail King Henry!

William: Thus is a king's burden. A king must make decisions lesser men are... neither willing nor able to make. A king is indeed presented with quandaries lesser men might never encounter in the course of their whole lives.

William: I wish it were not so. But problems... Problems that are left unattended... have a habit of becoming crises.

Sir John Falstaff: A king has no friends. A king has only... followers... and foe.

Sir John Falstaff: Too often have I seen men of war invent work for themselves, work that leads to nothing but vainglory and slaughtered men. I'm not that man. And this here is the war that you have chosen to wage.

Sir John Falstaff: I speak only when there's something to be said.


Lord Dorset: What is the true experience of this man? He once fought for Richard many years ago. Since then, he has done nothing... other than ride with the companies, robbing and tormenting.
Sir John Falstaff: I never robbed anyone who didn't deserve to be robbed.

Hal: If you have concocted this plan, half-baked and speculative, merely to prove to me your worth, please say so now.
Sir John Falstaff: All plans are speculative. And as I say, I only speak them when I feel them true. This one I feel in my bones. This one I feel in my knee bone.

Hal: Here we are on the eve of this fight, and I am... I am scared to wonder, to tell it true, why we are here.
Sir John Falstaff: You best discover the answer for that. The men out there deserve it. They've given their lives to you. I cannot say what forces have conspired to bring you here, but these men need you, just as you need them. These men deserve your confidence. And if you cannot give them that, at least then tell them a magnificent lie.

The Dauphin of France: Please speak English. I enjoy to speak English. It is simple... and ugly.

Hal: You expect of me a speech? I have only one to give, and it is the same one I'd give were we not standing on the brim of a battlefield. It is the same one I'd give were we to meet in the street by chance. I have only ever hoped for one thing... to see this kingdom united under this English crown.
     All men are born to die. We know it. We carry it with us always. If your day be today, so be it. Mine will be tomorrow. Or mine today and yours tomorrow. It matters not. What matters is that you know, in your hearts, that today you are that kingdom united. You are England. Each and every one of you. England is you. And it is the space between you. Fight not for yourselves, fight for that space. Fill that space. Make it tissue. Make it mass. Make it impenetrable. Make it yours! Make it England! Make it England!

King Charles VI: It is most uncanny... that the great movements of history so frequently find their origins in the minutia of family. That in ways I dare not unsettle here, my relationship with my son and yours... with your father. These are the things that have led us here today.
     We are leaders of lands and peoples, and yet... it is family that moves us. Family... consumes us.

William: You have proven yourself to be a most worthy king. I would say you have proven yourself to be one of England's great kings.

Hal: Why should you question my intent? Your father's rule is illegitimate. He has no right claim to his throne.
Catherine: All monarchy is illegitimate. You yourself are the son of a usurper.

William: You wanted peace. Did you not?! This is how peace is forged. It is forged in victory. Listen... That is the sound of peace. That is the sound of your peace. That is the sound of your greatness.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий