17 мая 2015 г.

Wild

& Cheryl: Okay. Okay. «I’d rather be a hammer than a nail.»

& Cheryl: Oh, my God. What the fuck have I done? What... The fuck? What... The fuck? What the fuck?

& Cheryl: You can quit anytime. You can quit... anytime. You can quit... anytime.

& Frank: Do you ever think about quitting?
    Cheryl: Oh, only once every two minutes or so. Everything hurts. All the time.

& Cheryl: How long?
    Bobbi: Can I ride my horse?

& Cheryl: Um... I... I’m still alive. And that’s all my news. And the sum total of what I’ve learned on my hike.

& Skier: Are you lost?
    Cheryl: No! Just screwed.


Simon & Garfunkel — El Condor Pasa (1970)

♪ I’d rather be a sparrow than a snail ♪
♪ Yes, I would ♪
♪ If I could ♪
♪ I surely would ♪
♪ I’d rather be a hammer than a nail ♪
♪ Yes, I would ♪
♪ If I only could ♪
♪ I surely would ♪
♪ Away, I’d rather sail away ♪
♪ Like a swan that’s here and gone ♪
♪ A man gets tied up to the ground ♪
♪ He gives the world ♪
♪ Its saddest sound, ♪
♪ Its saddest sound. ♪

& Cheryl: My mother used to say something that drove me nuts... «There’s a sunrise and a sunset every day... and you can choose to be there for it. You can put yourself in the way of beauty.»

& Hiker-1: «If your nerve deny you... go above your nerve.» Emily Dickinson.
    Cheryl: Yes.
    Hiker-2: «I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep.» Walt Whitman?
    Cheryl: No, that was Robert Frost. The Whitman was, «Be curious, not judgmental.»
    Hiker-3: «God is a ruthless bitch.» You left the name off.
    Cheryl: That one was me.
    Hiker-1: You’re our hero.

& Cheryl: You know, problems don’t stay problems. They turn into something else.

& Cheryl: There’s no way to know what makes one thing happen and not another. What leads to what. What destroys what. What causes what to flourish. Or die. Or take another course. What if I forgive myself?....

& Cheryl: My life, like all lives, mysterious, irrevocable and sacred. So very close. So very present. So very belonging to me. How wild it was... to let it be.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

+ Soundtracks!

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий