13 мая 2015 г.

Ask Me Anything

& Mark: Hey, babe.
    Katie: Why do you call her that? She’s 46.

& Glenn Warburg: I can’t imagine life without great books. It’s as close to the angels as I get.
    Katie: What do you mean?
    Glenn Warburg: Well, for me, reading is a transcendent experience.

& Caroline Kampenfelt: I could have warned you. Never get mixed up with someone if there’s a third party involved. You almost always lose.

& Paul: «Dear Miss Kampenfelt, since you expressed a desire today to learn more about adult life, here are 10 bitter truths for your reading pleasure:
  • Complete honesty is a complete lie.
  • Two, marriage is sacred only to those who have never been married.
  • Three, money is more integral to happiness than romantic love.
  • Four, every human being is a contradiction. Some hide it better than others.
  • Five, never underestimate the tendency of human beings to act contrary to their own best interests.
  • Six, were it not for the fear of getting caught, most of us would behave like savages.
  • Seven, all sex has consequences, most of them dire.
  • The older you get, the faster time flies until months pass like days.
  • There’s no such thing as living happily ever after.
  • Everything gets worse.»
    Joel: He just wants to fuck you.


& Glenn Warburg: Now, tell me what’s wrong with you.
    Katie: I’m pregnant.

& Glenn Warburg: When a married man is having an affair with a beautiful, young girl, no matter how much he feels for that girl, he’s always relieved when it’s over because he knows he’s been playing a dangerous game, and he’s lucky to escape alive.
    Katie: He doesn’t love me?
    Glenn Warburg: Not the way you think.

& Katie: I thought you’d be proud that I have a blog...
    Glenn Warburg: I like that it’s creative and that it’s verbal. What I don’t like is that it’s public. Your generation is addicted to attention.
    Katie: I know. It’s like we all want to be famous, even though we’re not good at anything.
    Glenn Warburg: Precisely.

& Katie: Do human beings ever dream a whole new life and make it come true? Or do they always go back I guess there’s only one way to find out. Say goodbye to all of you and just live. Really live.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий