16 мая 2015 г.

American Sniper

& — If you think he’s reporting troop movement, you have a green light. Your call. Over.

& Dad: There are three types of people in this world... sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs. Now, some people prefer to believe that evil doesn’t exist in the world. And if it ever darkened their doorstep, they wouldn’t know how to protect themselves. Those are the sheep. And then you got predators. They use violence to prey on the weak. They’re the wolves. And then there are those who’ve been blessed with the gift of aggression and the overpowering need to protect the flock. These men are the rare breed that live to confront the wolf. They are the sheepdog.

& Chris Kyle: Oh, I’m not a redneck. I’m from Texas.
    Taya: What’s the difference?
    Chris Kyle: Well, we ride horses and they ride their cousins.

& Chris Kyle: How you know all about us? What do you mean?
    Taya: What I mean is, you’re a bunch of arrogant, self-centered pricks who think you can lie and cheat and do whatever the fuck you want. I’d never date a SEAL.
    Chris Kyle: Wait. Why would you say I’m self-centered? I’d lay down my life for my country.
    Taya: Why?
    Chris Kyle: ’Cause it’s the greatest country on earth, and I’d do everything I can to protect it.

& — Welcome to Fallujah. The new wild west of the old Middle East.


& Chris Kyle: Babe, they’re fucking savages.
    Taya: It’s not about them. It’s about us.

& Biggles: That Bible of yours, is that bulletproof?
    Chris Kyle: What, the one I put in here?
    Biggles: Yeah. I just... I never saw you open it. I assumed...
    Chris Kyle: God, country, family, right?

& Biggles: Aim small, miss small.

& Navy Doctor: How much time did you spend in-country?
    Chris Kyle: Uh, well, four tours, so...
    Navy Doctor: That’s like, what, 1,000 days?
    Chris Kyle: Yeah, sounds about right.
    Navy Doctor: Would you be surprised if I told you that Navy has credited you with... over 160 kills?
    Chris Kyle: Mm.
    Navy Doctor: Do you ever think that... you might have seen things or... done some things over there that you wish you hadn’t?
    Chris Kyle: Oh, that’s not me. No.
    Navy Doctor: What’s not you?
    Chris Kyle: I was just protecting my guys, they were trying to kill... our soldiers and I... I’m willing to meet my Creator and answer for every shot that I took. The thing that... haunts me are all the guys that I couldn’t save.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий