15 мая 2015 г.

The Gambler

& Jim Bennett: Life’s a losing proposition, right? You might as well get it over with.

& Jim Bennett: What pisses people off about Shakespeare... hat lies behind every controversy about Shakespeare is rage. Rage over the nature and unequal distribution of talent. The rage that genius appears where it appears for no material reason at all.

& Jim Bennett: Desiring a thing cannot make you have it.

& Jim Bennett: If you’re not a genius, don’t bother, all right? The world needs plenty of electricians, and a lot of them are happy.

& Jim Bennett: Genius is magical, not material. If you don’t have the magic, no amount of wishing will make it so.

& Roberta: I don’t want to know the nature of your problem. I just want you not to have it any more.

& Jim Bennett: Physiology doesn’t lie. Everything else does. Everybody else does. Physiology doesn’t. It’s post-intellectual.

& Jim Bennett: Guy with no money speaking. How may I direct your call?


& Frank: You don’t need to do that twice. I tell you this so you’ll know everybody’s been there. Everybody’s been there. Once. If you’re there twice, having been there once, I can’t help you. You know, I listen to the drunks and it’s like you’re listening to a fairy story about a fight with a fucking monster when the actual title of the story is «I Can’t Handle My Liquor» by Mr Crybaby.
    Big Ernie: Amen.

& Frank: Are you pulling this shit just now, or forever? I mean, do you have a problem, «Waah-waah-waah,» like some little fucking girl, or some Somali who can’t process that there’s no food where they live? Or are you just fucked up temporarily ’cause you’re temporarily fucking stupid?

& Frank: You get up two and a half million dollars, any asshole in the world knows what to do. You get a house with a 25-year roof, an indestructible Jap economy shitbox, you put the rest into the system at 3%-to-5% to pay your taxes, and that’s your base, get me? That’s your Fortress of Fucking Solitude. That puts you for the rest of your life at a level of «fuck you.» Somebody wants you to do something? «Fuck you.» Boss pisses you off? «Fuck you!» Own your house, have a couple bucks in the bank, don’t drink. That’s all I have to say to anybody at any social level.

& Frank: A wise man’s life is based around fuck you. The United States of America is based on fuck you. You’re a king? You have an army? Greatest navy in the history of the world? «Fuck you, blow me! We’ll fuck it up ourselves.» Which we have done. Beautiful «fuck you» position lost forever. King George III looks like a fucking birthday present.

& Jim Bennett: I’ll have a beer, just like anybody else, thank you.
    Waitress: What kind?
    Jim Bennett: Any kind.
    Waitress: We got 37 beers. Don’t fucking put it on me.
    Frank: But he did put it on you, miss!

& Baraka: A man can transform his shit, Jim.

& Jim Bennett: I’m not actually a gambler.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Σ Disturbing.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий