20 мая 2015 г.

Some Like It Hot

& Waiter: Sorry. We only serve coffee.
    Det. Mulligan: Coffee?
    Waiter: Scotch coffee, Canadian coffee, sour mash coffee...
    Det. Mulligan: Scotch. Make it a demitasse, with soda on the side.

& Joe: Why worry? This job’ll last a long time.
    Jerry: Suppose it doesn’t.
    Joe: Jerry boy, why paint everyzhing black? Suppose you got hit by a truck. Suppose the stock market crashes. Suppose Mary Pickford divorces Douglas Fairbanks... Suppose the Dodgers leave Brooklyn!.. Suppose Lake Michigan overflows.
    Jerry: Well, don’t look now, but the whole town is underwater.

& Joe: You need a bass and a sax?
    Sig Poliakoff: The instruments are right but you’re not.
    Jerry: What’s wrong with us?
    Sig Poliakoff: You’re the wrong shape.
    Joe: What do you want? Hunchbacks?
    Sig Poliakoff: It’s not the backs that worry me.
    Joe: What kind of a band is it, anyway?
    Sig Poliakoff: You gotta be under 25.
    Jerry: We could pass for that.
    Sig Poliakoff: And blond.
    Jerry: We could dye our hair.
    Sig Poliakoff: And you gotta be girls.
    Jerry: We could...
    Joe: No, we couldn’t.

& Jerry: How do they walk in these things? How do they keep their balance?
    Joe: Must be the way the weight is distributed.

& Jerry: Look at that. Look how she moves. That’s just like Jell-O on springs. They must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell ya, it’s a whole different sex!

& Sugar: I don’t want you to think I’m a drinker. I can stop if I want to, only I don’t want to. Especially when I’m blue.

& Jerry: I’m a girl. I’m a girl. I wish I were dead. I’m a girl... I’m a girl... I’m a girl...


& Sugar: If there’s ever anyzhing I can do for you...
    Jerry: I can think of a million things... That’s one of ’em.

& Jerry: 13 girls in a berth is bad luck. 12 of you will have to get out.

& Sugar: That’s why I joined this band. Safety first. Anything to get away from those bums. You don’t know what they’re like. You fall for ’em. You think this is gonna be the biggest thing since the Graf Zeppelin. The next thing you know, they’re borrowing money from you, spending it on other dames and betting on horses.
    Joe: You don’t say.
    Sugar: Then one morning you wake up, the guy’s gone, the sax’s gone. All that’s left is a pair of old socks and a tube of toothpaste all squeezed out. You pull yourself together, you go on to the next job, the next saxophone player. It’s the same thing all over again. You see what I mean? Not very bright.
    Joe: Brains aren’t everything.

& Jerry: Me and Sugar? We’re just like sisters.
    Joe: Well, I’m your fairy godmother. And I’m gonna keep an eye on you.

& Joe: Syncopators... Does that mean you play that very fast music... jazz?
    Sugar: Yeah. Real hot.
    Joe: I guess some like it hot. I personally prefer classical music.

& Joe: Been waiting long?
    Sugar: It’s not how long you wait. It’s who you’re waiting for. ...
    Joe: Do you mind riding backwards? It may take a little longer.
    Sugar: It’s not how long it takes. It’s who’s taking you.

& Joe: Hi, Jerry. Everything under control?
    Jerry: Have I got things to tell you!
    Joe: What happened?
    Jerry: I’m engaged.
    Joe: Congratulations. Who’s the lucky girl?
    Jerry: I am!

& Joe: Jerry, will you take my advice? Forget about the whole thing, will you? Just keep telling yourself you’re a boy.
    Jerry: I’m a boy.
    Joe: That’s the boy.
    Jerry: I’m a boy, I’m a boy, I’m a... I wish I were dead. I’m a boy. Boy, oh boy, am I a boy.

& Joe: Did you have a nice time?
    Sugar: Nice? It was suicidally beautiful.

& Jerry: Something tells me the omelette is about to hit the fan...

& Little Bonaparte: Thank you, fellow opera-lovers. It’s been ten years since I elected myself president of this organisation, and, if I say so myself, you made the right choice.

& Jerry: Osgood, I’m gonna level with you. We can’t get married at all.
    Osgood: Why not?
    Jerry: Well, in the first place, I’m not a natural blonde.
    Osgood: Doesn’t matter.
    Jerry: I smoke! I smoke all the time!
    Osgood: I don’t care.
    Jerry: Well, I have a terrible past. For three years now, I’ve been living with a saxophone player.
    Osgood: I forgive you.
    Jerry: I can never have children!
    Osgood: We can adopt some.
    Jerry: But you don’t understand, Osgood! Ohh... I’m a man!
    Osgood: Well, nobody’s perfect!

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий