19 мая 2015 г.

Bad Money

Silicon Valley 2×3

& Erlich: Richard, I’m an independent businessman. Emphasis on «independent.» And «business.» And «man,» come to think of it. Count me out.

& Russ: Like my ride? They don’t make it in this color. They did it just for me. Guys in this town don’t have the balls to drive a car like this. They’re billionaires and they drive fuckin’ Priuses. Why?
    Richard: I think mainly, uh, just environmental concerns.
    Russ: They’re all lemmings, Richard. Everyone in this town is.

& Gavin: You know, there is a climate in this country that is very dangerous.
    Kara: It’s dangerous out there for billionaires?
    Gavin: There’s that attitude again, Kara. Billionaires are people, too. We are leaders in technology, in industry, in finance... Look at history. Do you know who else vilified a tiny minority of financiers and progressive thinkers called the Jews?
    Kara: Wait a minute. Did you just compare the treatment of billionaires in America today to the plight of the Jews in Nazi Germany?
    Gavin: Absolutely. One could argue that billionaires are actually treated worse. And we didn’t even do anything wrong. We’re an even smaller minority. There’s a lot more of them. These are facts.

& Russ: Let’s make you a billion dollars. Let’s make me a billion more. How’s that sound?

& Russ: I’m gonna take you back to those same spineless VCs who said no, and I’m gonna shove you right up their assholes.

& Richard: I should probably at least...
    Russ: «Should»? No, no, Richard. Don’t do what you should do. Do what you want. I mean, should I pay 800 bucks for that tiny piece of meat? Of course not. But I do it anyway. Because I want it. Simple question, Richard... What do you want?


& Erlich: Gentlemen, what’s the update on the apps? Or the «app-date,» if you will?
    Gilfoyle: I will not.

& Jared: Guys, if I list you as references, can I count on you to say nice things about me? Be honest.
    Gilfoyle: Do you want me to be honest or nice?

& Monica: You know what? Peter used to say that ever successful company could look back at a defining moment early on where they would have died had it not been for the... The courage and the tenacity and maybe the insanity of one visionary person who put it all on the line even though it seemed like a huge mistake at the time. A moment where all the metrics and the numbers didn’t mean anything. It was all about the emotion. It was about belief, rational or irrational. And I think... I hope that I just witnessed that.
    Laurie: I did not understand any of what you just said.
    Monica: Oh. None of it?
    Laurie: None of it.

& Russ: No. If you show revenue, people will ask «How much?» And it will never be enough. The company that was the 100xer, the 1,000xer, becomes the 2x dog. But if you have no revenue, you can say you’re pre-revenue. You’re a potential pure play. It’s not about how much you earn, it’s about what you’re worth. And who’s worth the most? Companies that lose money. Pinterest, Snapchat... No revenue. Amazon has lost money every fucking quarter for the last 20 fucking years and that Bezos motherfucker is the king.

& Dinesh: Well, he’s the worst man in America. And now he owns us.

& Big Head: Uh, hello?... Mmm, nothing. Why?

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий