27 мая 2015 г.

Big Eyes

& Dick Nolan: The ’50s were a grand time, if you were a man.

& Dick Nolan: I’m Dick Nolan. I make things up for a living. I’m a reporter.

& DeeAnn: Now, come on, let’s have some fun. For jazz, check out the Hungry I. For Italian, Vanessi’s. For salvation, try the Buddhist temple. For art, Six Gallery.
    Margaret: Do they only show Modern?
    DeeAnn: Everyone only shows Modern. And in the basement, they have espresso.
    Margaret: Espresso, what’s that? Is that like reefer?
    DeeAnn: You have a lot to learn...

& Walter: When you look at me like that, I could fall hard.
Ω So true!

& Walter: I gotta ask you a question. What’s that with the big crazy eyes?

& Margaret: I believe that you can see things in the eyes. The eyes are the window to the soul.
    Walter: Yeah, but... you paint them like pancakes. They’re way out of proportion.
    Margaret: Well, eyes are how I express my emotions. I’ve always drawn them like that.

& Walter: Don’t think of a reason to say no, ’cause I’ve got a million reasons to say yes.


& — Your husband’s quite a talent. Do you paint, too?
    Margaret: I don’t know.

& Margaret: Wait, you’re going on television?
    Walter: Yeah, but what am I gonna say? Meaning, what compels me to paint these paintings?
    Margaret: Maybe you have an unhealthy obsession with little girls.

& Walter: Could you please help the world and shut your mouth? The only number you want in his head is the price.

& Margaret: The more you lie, the smaller you seem.

& Walter: What have we been missing all this time? Da Vinci has his Mona Lisa, Renoir has his Boatmen’s Lunch. Where’s my defining statement?
    Margaret: You sound insane. An artist doesn’t just announce his masterpiece.
    Walter: Why not? Didn’t Michelangelo know he was hitting a home run when he was on his back painting the Sistine Chapel?
    Margaret: That took him four years...

& Walter: Wednesday the World’s Fair opens, Thursday our book goes on sale.
    Margaret: Friday I file for divorce.

& Margaret: It says right here, «A worshiper of Jehovah must be honest in all things.»
    Jane: I just can’t believe you let people in the house.
    Margaret: It also says, «No lies speak the truth. Let the stealer steal no more.»

& Jane: Hey, is Jehovah okay with suing?

& Judge: In my opinion, there’s only one way to clear this thing up... You’re both going to paint.

& Judge: Mr. Keane?
    Walter: I’m just setting the mood. Waiting for the muse to strike.
    Judge: Well, your muse has 58 minutes.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий