7 мая 2012 г.

My Week with Marilyn

Marylin Monroe — When Love Goes Wrong Nothing Goes Right

♪ When love goes wrong ♪
♪ Nothing goes right ♪
♪ This one thing I know ♪
♪ When love goes wrong ♪
♪ A man takes flight ♪
♪ And women get uppity-oh ♪

& Colin Clark: Good morning, Mr. Jacobs. Hope you had a pleasant flight.
    Arthur Jacobs: Is this the fucking car?

& Sir Laurence Olivier: You in the union?
    Colin: No.
    Sir Laurence: Then you can’t have a job on the film.
    Colin: Well, how do I get into the union?
    Sir Laurence: By getting a job on the film. It’s called a closed shop.

& Sir Laurence: We don’t have a third yet.
    Colin: A third?
    Sir Laurence: Third assistant director. You do know what the job is?
    Colin: Assisting the director?
    Sir Laurence: That’s the last thing you do! Lesson one: thirds job is to do whatever the fuck I tell him. And what are you waiting for? ... Lesson two: don’t shit on your own doorstep. Lesson three: The third always stays nearby. Not in some bloody palace in London.

& Jacobs: Marilyn, is it true you wear nothing in bed but Perfume?
    Marilyn Monroe: Darling, as I’m in England let’s say I sleep in nothing but Yardley’s lavender.

& Sir Laurence: We can’t have two fucking directors!
    Milton Greene: Marilyn wants Paula.
    Sir Laurence: Why? She’s got me.
    Milton: Paula’s costing us two and a half thousand bucks a week. We might as well use her. Listen, Larry. Accept Marilyn on her own terms and you’ll be OK. Try to change her and she will drive you crazy. Trust me.

& NATKE representative: Oi! That chair is a prop. Props are NATKE.
    Colin: But I was...
    NATKE: If ACTT members are gonna start doing NATKE jobs, I’m calling my men out!
    Dame Sybil Thorndike: I’m sure we’re all good union members here. There’s no need to fall out over something so trivial.
    NATKE: It might be trivial to you, Dame Sybil, but it’s my livelihood! Put the chair down. Now!
    Dame Sybil: I rather think you’ve made your point. Solidarity is the most important thing here. When unions fall out, it’s management that benefits.
    NATKE: If I see you doing a NATKE job again, I will close this set down quicker than you can blink. Dave! Dame Sybil would like a chair.
Dame Sybil: Right. There you are. I was on the picket lines in 1926, you know. Now that really was a strike. We were all Bolsheviks then.

& Dame Sybil: Film sets and rehearsal rooms are coldest places on Earth.

& Sir Laurence: She should be on time like everyone else!
    Milton: She’s a star.
    Sir Laurence: I’m a fucking star!
    Jacobs: She’s the greatest piece of ass on Earth. With tits like that, you make allowances.

& Sir Laurence: Marilyn, my darling, you are an angel and I kiss the hem of your garment, but why can’t you get here on time for the love of fuck?!
    Marilyn: Oh... You have that word in England, too.

& Sir Laurence: You must apologize to Dame Sybil.
    Marilyn: Sybil?.. I’m so sorry.
    Dame Sybil: My dear, you mustn’t concern yourself. A great actress like you has many other things on her mind.
    Marilyn: You think I’m a great actress?
    Dame Sybil: None of the rest of us truly know how to act for the camera, but you do. It’s a rare gift. This poor girl hasn’t had your years of experience. She’s in a strange country acting a strange part. Now, are you helping or bullying?


& Paula: The reason Marilyn can’t remember the line is because she doesn’t believe the situation her character is in.
    Sir Laurence: Then she should pretend to believe it!
    Paula: “Pretend”? We’re talking about the difference between the truth and artificial crap.
    Sir Laurence: We’re in absolute agreement. Acting is all about truth, and if you can fake that, you’ll have a jolly good career.

& Sir Laurence: Trying to teach Marilyn how to act is like teaching Urdu to a badger!

& Milton: I better go see her. She’ll need something to help her calm down.
    Sir Laurence: Christ! Pills to sleep. Pills to wake up. Pills to calm her down. Pills to give her energy. No wonder she’s permanently ten feet underwater!

& Colin: Maybe she’s scared...
    Sir Laurence: We’re all scared! I’ve spent half of my professional life in abject bloody terror! It’s what actors do!
    Colin: But you have the training to deal with it, sir...
    Sir Laurence: I wouldn’t buy the “little girl lost” act if I were you. Though heaven knows... it’s tempting. I think Marilyn knows exactly what she’s doing.

& Marilyn: Colin... Whose side are you on?
    Colin: Yours, Miss Monroe.
    Marilyn: Call me Marilyn.

& Sir Laurence: Remember, boy, when it comes to women... you’re never too old for humiliation.

& Sir Laurence: What is Marilyn doing on the phone with my third fucking assistant?!

& Marilyn: I’m 30. I guess that makes me an old lady to you.
    Colin: Seven years is nothing!
    Marilyn: You know I’ve been married three times already. How did that happen?..
    Colin: Maybe you’re just looking for the right man...
    Marilyn: They always look right at the start.

& Marilyn: This is me. That’s you, and these are our kids. Oh, our daughter’s so pretty. All little girls should be told how pretty they are. Should grow up knowing how much their mother loves them.

& — Are you somebody, mate?
    Colin: No. I’m no one.

& Roger: Be careful not to get in too deep, son.

Autumn leaves — Frank Sinatra

& Colin: Is that Abraham Lincoln?
    Marilyn: That’s my dad... Well, I don’t know who my real father is, so it may as well be him, right?

& Sir Laurence: Well, whatever it was you did to her, boy, keep doing it. I’ve never seen her so happy.

& Colin: Forget Hollywood. Let it all go. Just let it go.
    Marilyn: I couldn’t just give it up.
    Colin: Why not? Why not, when it drives you crazy?
    Marilyn: You think I’m crazy?
    Colin: I just meant that you could be happy.
    Marilyn: ... I am happy.

& Marilyn: I hope you will all forgive me. It wasn’t altogether my fault, but I’ve been ill... I’d like you to remember I tried.

& Lucy: Did she break your heart?
    Colin: A little.
    Lucy: Good. It needed breaking.

& Sir Laurence: She’s quite wonderful. No training, no craft to speak of. No guile, just pure instinct. She’s astonishing.
    Colin: You should tell her that.
    Sir Laurence: Oh, I will. But she won’t believe me.

& Marilyn: Thanks for being on my side.

Marilyn Monroe — That Old Black Magic

♪ That old black magic ♪
♪ Has me in its spell ♪
♪ That old black magic ♪
♪ That you weave so well ♪
♪ And down and down I go ♪
♪ Round and round I go ♪
♪ In a spin ♪
♪ Lovin’ that spin I’m in ♪
♪ Under that old black magic ♪
♪ Called love ♪

--
+ quotes on the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий