29 мая 2012 г.

Game of Thrones 2x9

Blackwater

& Matthos: This is the Royal Fleet. And you’re not a smuggler anymore, you’re the high captain.
    Davos: Of course there are several Royal Fleets at the moment...
    Matthos: Not after tonight. When the sun rises, Stannis will sit on the Iron Throne... and you will be his Hand.
    Davos: Gods be good.
    Matthos: God. Father, there is only one and he watches over us.
    Davos: But not over them?..

& Shae: Are you afraid, my lion?
    Tyrion: If the city falls, Stannis will burn every Lannister he can find... Of course I’m afraid.
    Shae: I won’t let them hurt you.
    Tyrion: I’m a Lannister. I don’t have a choice in all this.

& Shae: Do you remember what you said when you met me in your tent?.. That I should make love to you like it was your last day on this earth.

& Cersei: Be careful on the stairs, Grand Maester. There are so many.

& Bronn: It’s warm in here. We’ve got beautiful women and good brown ale. Plenty for everyone. And all you want is to put one of us in the cold ground with no women to keep us company.
    Clegane: Oh, there’s women in the ground. I put some there myself. So have you. You like fucking and drinking and singing. But killing... killing’s the thing you love. You’re just like me... Only smaller.
    Bronn: And quicker.

& Bronn: One more drink before the war? Shall we?

& Varys: I’ve always hated the bells...

& Varys: I’m not entirely sure what you’re suggesting.
    Tyrion: I’m entirely sure you’re entirely sure what I’m suggesting.

& Tyrion: I’m not escaping. Strange as it sounds, I’m the captain of the ship. And if the ship goes down, I go with her.
    Varys: That is good to hear. Though I’m sure many captains say the same while their ship is afloat...

& Varys: You don’t believe in the old powers, My Lord?
    Tyrion: Blood spells, curses, shape-shifting... what do you think?
    Varys: I think you believe in what you see and in what those you trust have seen. You probably don’t entirely trust me...
    Tyrion: Mm, don’t take it personally. I don’t entirely trust myself.
    Varys: And yet I have seen things and heard things... things you have not, things I wish I had not.

& Varys: I don’t believe I’ve ever told you how I was cut.
    Tyrion: No, I don’t believe you have.
    Varys: One day I will.

& Varys: The dark arts have provided Lord Stannis with his armies and paved his path to our door. For a man in service to such powers to sit on the Iron Throne, I can think of nothing worse... And tonight, I believe you are the only man who can stop him.

& Bronn: Do you know how to use that?
    Tyrion: I chopped wood once. No. I watched my brother chopping wood.
    Bronn: I saw you kill a man with a shield. You’ll be unstoppable with an axe.

& Bronn: Don’t get killed.
    Tyrion: Nor you, my friend.
    Bronn: Oh, are we friends now?
    Tyrion: Of course we are. Just because I pay you for your services doesn’t diminish our friendship.
    Bronn: Enhances it, really.
    Tyrion: Oh, enhances... Fancy word for a sellsword.

& Sansa: I will pray for your safe return, My Lord.
    Tyrion: Will you?
    Sansa: Just as I pray for the King’s.

& Shae: Some of those boys will never come back.
    Sansa: Joffrey will. The worst ones always live.

& Joffrey: If I tell the Hound to cut you in half, he’ll do it without a second thought.
    Tyrion: That would make me the Quarterman.

& Tyrion: I’ve never much liked my head, but I don’t want to see it removed just yet.


& Sansa: I don’t know why she wants me here. She’s always saying how stupid I am. She hates me.
    Shae: Maybe she hates you less than she hates everyone else.

& Sansa: What’s he doing here?
    Cersei: Ser Ilyn? He’s here to defend us. When the axes smash down those doors, you may be glad to have him.
    Sansa: But we have guards to defend us.
    Cersei: Guards we have paid. Should the city fall, they’ll be the first ones out of the doors.

& Cersei: The only way to keep the small folk loyal is to make certain they fear you more than they do the enemy. Remember that if you ever hope to become a queen.

& Stannis: Prepare to land.
    — Your Grace... We’re too far from the gates. The fire, their archers... hundreds will die.
    Stannis: Thousands.

& Stannis: Come with me and take this city!

& Cersei: What are you doing?
    Sansa: Praying.
    Cersei: You’re perfect, aren’t you? Praying... What are you praying for?
    Sansa: For the Gods to have mercy on us all.
    Cersei: Oh. On all of us? {...} ’Praying to the Gods to have mercy on us all.’ The Gods have no mercy. That’s why they’re Gods.

& Sansa: ... And if the city should fall?
    Cersei: You’d like that, wouldn’t you?.. The Red Keep should hold for a time, long enough for me to go to the walls and yield to Lord Stannis in person. If it were anyone else outside those gates, I might have hoped for a private audience. But this is Stannis Baratheon. I’d have a better chance of seducing his horse... Have I shocked you, little dove? Tears aren’t a woman’s only weapon. The best one’s between your legs. Learn how to use it.

& Clegane: Let’s go. Stannis is sending us fresh meat.

& Clegane: Any man dies with a clean sword, I’ll rape his fucking corpse.

& Cersei: Jaime was taught to fight with sword and lance and mace, and I was taught to smile and sing and please. He was heir to Casterly Rock and I was sold to some stranger like a horse to be ridden whenever he desired.
    Sansa: You were Robert’s queen.
    Cersei: And you will be Joffrey’s. Enjoy.

& Cersei: When I told you about Ser Ilyn earlier, I lied. Do you want to hear the truth?.. You want to know why he’s really here? He’s here for us. Stannis may take the city, he may take the throne, but he will not take us alive.

& Joffrey: Dog, I command you to go back out there and fight!
    Tyrion: You’re Kingsguard, Clegane. You must beat them back or they’re going to take this city... your king’s city.
    Clegane: ...Fuck the Kingsguard. Fuck the city. Fuck the King.

& Tyrion: Don’t fight for your king and don’t fight for his kingdoms. Don’t fight for honor. Don’t fight for glory. Don’t fight for riches, because you won’t get any. This is your city Stannis means to sack. That’s your gate he’s ramming. If he gets in, it will be your houses he burns, your gold he steals, your women he will rape... Those are brave men knocking at our door. Let’s go kill them.

& Clegane: The lady is starting to panic.
    Sansa: What are you doing here?!
    Clegane: Not here for long. I’m going.
    Sansa: Where?
    Clegane: Someplace that isn’t burning.

& Clegane: Do you want to go home?
    Sansa: I’ll be safe here. Stannis won’t hurt me.
    Clegane: Look at me. Stannis is a killer. The Lannisters are killers. Your father was a killer. Your brother is a killer. Your sons will be killers someday. The world is built by killers. So you’d better get used to looking at them.

& Sansa: You... won’t... hurt... me.
    Clegane: No, little bird, I won’t hurt you.

The Rains of Castamere

“And who are you,” the proud lord said
“that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat
that’s all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red
a lion still has claws
and mine are long and sharp, My Lord
as long and sharp as yours.”
And so he spoke, and so he spoke
that Lord of Castamere
but now the rains weep o’ver his hall
with no one there to hear.
Yes, now the rains weep o’er his hall
and not a soul to hear.


--
On the Imdb.

__ Awesome episode.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий