22 мая 2012 г.

House M.D. 8x22 The End

Everybody Dies

& Kutner: Don’t bother. He’s dead.

& Taub: Wilson is dying. Your parole officer is probably on his way here right now. How are you possibly in a good mood?
    House: Did you never see Dead Poets Society? Carpe diem.

& Adams: Air in his abdomen could mean blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
    Taub: But blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
    Park: Blah. Blah, blah.
    House: Nobody cares about the medicine.

& Foreman: You’re asking me to perjure* myself.
    House: It’s a tiny, white lie. No offense. Especially since, from what I hear, nothing black is tiny. Except your penis, I guess.

& House: I will go to jail, eventually. I will pay the price. I just rather that Wilson didn’t... Come on, be a friend.
    Kutner: “Be a friend”?

& Wilson: You think he could’ve done something stupid?
    Foreman: I think stupid is our best-case scenario.

& House: I’m going to jail, losing my job, losing my best friend. Do I need more?
    Kutner: You think that’s the sum total of who you are? A doctor? A friend to Wilson?
    House: I’m also a tremendous baritone.

& Kutner: Death’s not interesting. You exist for what’s interesting. Puzzles, ideas, analysis. Death is the opposite of a cool puzzle. It’s eternal nothingness... But you don’t find life interesting anymore.

& Amber: Stop being an idiot.
    House: Can I have Kutner back, please?

& House: How are things in hell? Is the humidity the big issue?

& Patient: I’m not gonna stop doing drugs! It’s reality that sucks!

& House: You’re saying I’m lying... to my subconscious?
    Amber: People do it all the time. And like it or not, you are a person.

& Amber: Context matters.

& Foreman: Why are you doing this? Why are you risking destroying yourself?
    House: There’s no risk. I know you. You’ll do the honest thing. You’ll lie.

& Amber: You’re smiling.
    House: I was, and now I’m not because a moment’s fun a few days ago does not trump a friend dying.
    Amber: Yeah, it does, you idiot. ’Cause after he’s dead, you cry for a while, and then you go back to doing what you love.
    House: Every patient that I’ve had, 70 years from now, they’ll all be as dead as Wilson. Everybody dies. It’s meaningless.
    Amber: When you solve a puzzle, the world makes sense, and everything feels right. And you’ll always have another one, because people always get sick. It’s shallow* and it’s insignificant, but if you don’t give a damn if idiots live, why would you possibly give a damn about shallowness? It makes you happy. And why would you need more than that? Go home.

& Stacy: What about God?

& House: Pascal’s wager is facile*.
    Stacy: Saying it’s facile is facile.

& House: You can’t live your life based on something you don’t believe.
    Stacy: But you can end your life based on something you don’t believe?.. What about love? I lived with you for years. I know you believe in love.

& Wilson: What if I end up in jail? Or spending my final months in endless hearings?
    House: That is a risk you are willing to take.

& Stacy: Hold your child.

& Stacy: Get up. You do not have to die in here!


& House: Is this hell?.. An eternity of people trying to convince me to live?
    Cameron: Who says I’m here to convince you to live?

& Cameron: I think... you’ve suffered enough. You’ve given enough. I think you deserve a chance to just... give up.
    House: Like Wilson did?
    Cameron: Like Wilson did. You accepted his choice, that ending the pain was better than the pain. Why can’t you give yourself that gift?

& Foreman: This is the address House’s patient gave?
    Wilson: Everybody lies.

& House: Motives don’t matter. Only actions.
    Patient: Trying is an action.

& Cameron: You’re taking the cowardly way out. And worse... you’re too cowardly to even admit you’re taking the cowardly way out.
    House: You’re right... But I can change.

& Park: House hired me when no one else would.
    Adams: He got me fired. He gave me the guts to get fired.
    Masters: He gave me the courage to quit.
    Blythe: Gregory was... he was a good son.
    Stacy: He was a trying boyfriend, but I... never stopped loving him.
    Dominika: He was my husband for real... I couldn’t help but love him.
    Foreman: He was my boss. And my employee. And both times... I learned from him.
    Taub: He made me a better parent, whether he meant to or not.
    Thirteen: He was willing to kill me. And I’ll always be grateful.
    Chase: He wasn’t always easy to deal with.
    Cameron: But somewhere in there... he knew how to love.
    Wilson: He was my friend. The thing you have to... remember... the thing you can’t forget... is that Gregory House saved lives. He was a healer. And... and in the end... House was an ass. He mocked anyone... patients, co-workers, his dwindling friends... anyone who didn’t measure up to his insane ideals of integrity. He claimed to be on some heroic quest for truth, but the truth is, he was a bitter jerk who liked making people miserable. And he proved that by dying selfishly, numbed by narcotics, without a thought of anyone. A betrayal of everyone who cared about him.

& Wilson: Phone... Oh, come on. This is a funeral. Just get it.

& House: I’m dead, Wilson. How do you want to spend your last five months?

Keep Me In Your Heart by Warren Zevon
♪ Shadows are falling ♪
♪ and I’m running out of breath ♪
♪ keep me in your heart for a while ♪
♪ If I leave you, it doesn’t mean I love you any less ♪
♪ keep me in your heart for a while ♪
♪ when you get up in the morning ♪
♪ and you see that crazy sun ♪
♪ keep me in your heart for a while ♪
♪ there’s a train leaving nightly ♪
♪ called when all is said and done ♪
♪ keep me your heart for a while ♪
♪ sha-la-la-la ♪

& Wilson: When the cancer starts getting really bad...
House: Cancer’s boring.

Enjoy Yourself by Louis Prima
♪ Enjoy yourself ♪
♪ it’s later than you think ♪
♪ enjoy yourself ♪
♪ while you’re still in the pink ♪
♪ the years go by ♪
♪ as quickly as a wink ♪
♪ enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself ♪
♪ it’s later than you think, hey ♪

♪ you’re gonna take that two-week trip ♪
♪ no matter come what may ♪
♪ but every year you put it off ♪
♪ you just can’t get away ♪
♪ next year for sure you’ll hit the road ♪
♪ you’ll really get around ♪
♪ but how far can you travel ♪
♪ when you’re six feet underground? ♪

♪ Enjoy yourself ♪
♪ it’s later than you think ♪
♪ enjoy yourself ♪
♪ while you’re still in the pink ♪
♪ the years go by ♪
♪ as quickly as a wink ♪
♪ enjoy yourself, enjoy yourself ♪
♪ it’s later than you think, hey ♪
♪ enjoy yourself ♪
♪ don’t be a fool ♪

--
perjure — лжесвидетельствовать; нарушать клятву
shallow — мелкий; поверхностный; пустой
facile — поверхностный; легкий; не требующий усилий

On the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий