23 мая 2012 г.

Mad Men 5x10

Christmas Waltz

& Scarlett: Mr. Kinsey called regarding lunch.
    Harry: What does he want?
    Scarlett: I think he wants to have lunch.

& Harry: January and February’re look great... Heinz, Mohawk, Vicks, all pretty stable.
    Pryce: When will they become commitments?
    Harry: I can’t predict the future, Lane. I don’t know what the Russians are going to do. We may be living underground by Lincoln’s birthday.

& Pete: Roger, Cooper’s office.
    Roger: Coming.

& Don: That’s a lot of work.
    Pete: Yes. You may have to stay past 5:30.
    Don: I’d live here if I thought it was more than a pipe dream.

& Harry: Paul?
    Kinsey: Harry Crane, as I live and breathe.
    Harry: What the hell happened to you?
    Kinsey: Krishna consciousness.

& Roger: Joanie, I had an experience.
    Joan: I know, Roger.
    Roger: Well, it’s not about honor. It’s about the fact that we created a human life. We made a baby.
    Joan: Yes. And now it’s some other lucky girl’s turn.


& Harry: You’ve been writing?
    Kinsey: I think this is the most meaningful work I’ve ever done in my life... It’s a speculative episode of the hit television show Star Trek.
    Harry: Are you kidding me?
    Kinsey: I think it should be their season opener next year.
    Harry: If there is one. It’s a tough time slot... “My Three Sons,” “Bewitched.”

& Harry: He really hopes this will change his life. What am I gonna do?
    Peggy: You really wanna help him, don’t you?
    Harry: So what? Really, do you know how lucky we are?
    Peggy: Well, if you really wanna help, be honest with him and tell him he needs to write a better script.
    Harry: I think it was really hard for him.
    Peggy: Then he shouldn’t be doing it.

& Pete: So what’s your favorite Jaguar? {...}
    Don: I’ll go this afternoon.
    Pete: See that you do, because your opinion means a lot more than mine. Take Megan. See how they deal with a couple.
    Don: We’ll see.
    Pete: You know, if I told you last December that we’d be in the running for a car, you would have kissed me on the mouth.
    Don: Maybe you and I should go as a couple.

& Joan: Oh, honey. What’s that?
    Jaguar’s salesman: That’s the most beautiful car ever made, the XK-E, or the E-type.
    Joan: I want one.

& Don: How much is the car?
    Salesman: That one? $5,600.
    Don: Here’s $6,000. If we don’t come back, consider it paid for.

& Don: I don’t know what it is. That car does nothing for me.
    Joan: It’s because you’re happy. You don’t need it.
    Don: ...Okay.

& Mother Lakshmi: Can I have a drink?
{ WTF? }
    Harry: Isn’t that verboten?

& Harry: Stop it! I thought you were with Paul.
    Lakshmi: Nobody’s with anybody.

& Lakshmi: There’s no reason for you to say no.
    Harry: What about the fact that I’m married?
    Lakshmi: I’m burning for you. Does your wife burn for you?
{ WTF?!?! }
    Harry: So this is completely allowed?
    Lakshmi: ...Take me like this.

& Don: You wanna dance?
    Joan: I don’t think we should.
    Don: You sure look like you wanna dance.
    Joan: You and me in midtown? You with that look on your face?..
    Don: What look, baby?

& Don: There’s a gentleman over at 7:30 who looks like he wants to dance.
    Joan: Who do you think he is? Advertising? Insurance? Lawyer?.. And who do you think’s waiting at home? I bet she’s not ugly. The only sin she’s committed is being familiar.
    Don: So you think it’s all him?
    Joan: Because she can’t giveve him what he wants.
    Don: Because he doesn’t know what he wants, what he’s wanting.
    Joan: He knows. It’s just the way he is. And maybe it’s just the way she is.

& Harry: I’m confused. Why did you do this?
    Lakshmi: Because you’re going to stay away from him and let him be happy in the light of Krishna consciousness. You thought I was some confused little girl?.. I’m trading the only thing I have.
    Harry: But you already gave it away. Ow!

& Lakshmi: Stay away from him!
    Harry: What do I do about the script?
    Lakshmi: Tell him the truth. That always works.

& Megan: You used to love your work.
    Don: Well, it’s different there now.



--
On the Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий