8 мая 2012 г.

Mad Men 5x8

Lady Lazarus

& Pete: Okay, Howard, I knew this day would come. Look, I already have life insurance. It came with my junior partnership. And it’s six times my annual salary, and after two years, it covers suicide. So make your pitch brief.
    Howard: Are you kidding me?
    Pete: What?
    Howard: Look, I wasn’t gonna put the arm into you... but you have a kid. I guarantee you that policy pays the company and not you. Imagine everything you have just stopped short the minute they put you in the ground...

& Pete: Are you asking if I ski?
    Roger: No. I want to know which skis you want. Or take them both.
    Pete: Do they explode or something?

& Don: Hey, let me ask you something... When did music become so important?
    Megan: It’s always been important.
    Don: I mean jingles, yeah. But now everybody keeps coming in, looking for some song. And they’re so specific.

& Megan: You can go home, too.
    Peggy: I don’t know. They’re not right.
    Megan: They’re exactly as you dictated them to me.
    Peggy: They’re exactly like they’re supposed to be, but they’re not it. Or... Maybe they are.

& Don: It’s me. Is Megan there?
    Peggy: Isn’t she with you?
    Don: Yes, we’re playing a hilarious joke on you.
    Peggy: She left a while ago to meet you at the restaurant.
    Don: When?
    Peggy: I don’t know... after you called.
    Don: I didn’t call.
    Peggy: Oh. She must be at home.
    Don: I’m at home.

& Don: Hello? Hello?.. Peggy?
    Peggy: ... Pizza House!


& Pete: Are you sorry I called?
    Beth: Just... stop. Enjoy the memory. Leave it alone. I mean, fantasize about it. I will, too. But... don’t call me again.

& Megan: I’m not going to work here anymore.
    Michael: Did he fire you? That son of a bitch!

& Megan: ... I should see Joan.
    Peggy: That takes a lot of guts.
    Michael: I’ll tell you what takes guts... Never having money for lunch! She owes me, like, $15 at this point. What am I gonna do, ask Don? Call her?

& Harry: So we’re not talking about Megan and we’re not talking about Trudy...
    Pete: Why do they get to decide what’s going to happen?
    Harry: They just do.

& Joan: I thought she would fail here.
    Peggy: I feel bad. I think maybe I was harder on her, scared her away.
    Joan: Second wives... It’s like they have a playbook.
    Peggy: I don’t think she’s like that.
    Joan: Peggy, she’s going to be a failing actress with a rich husband.
    Peggy: No, I think she’s good at everything. I think she’s just one of those girls.
    Joan: Then you had every right to be hard on her.

& Joan: Did you know that he met Betty Draper doing a print ad? Did you know she was a model? That’s the kind of girl Don marries.

& Megan: Don... I love you. You’re everything I had hoped you’d be.

& Peggy: She thinks advertising is stupid.
    Don: No, she thinks the people she worked with are cynical and petty!
    Peggy: Listen... I did everything right, and I am still... You know what? You are not mad at me, so shut up!

& Roger: I sure as hell didn’t get to choose what I wanted to do. My father told me.
    Don: I was raised in the ’30s... My dream was indoor plumbing.

& Roger: You gotta go home, let her know that there’s a routine. It’ll keep you both out of trouble... Mona’s dad told me that.

& Megan: You said you didn’t know what was going on. I bought you the latest Beatles album. Start with this one.

The Beatles — Tomorrow Never Knows

Turn off your mind
relax and float downstream
it is not dying
it is not dying


--
On the Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий