31 мая 2012 г.

Awake 1x5

Oregon

& Michael: Maybe we should take the freeway.
    Rex: It says the freeway’s worse.
    Michael: How can it be worse than not moving?
    Rex: Maybe you go backwards.

& Agent Elizabeth Santoro: Still, it gets me out of Portland for a while.
    Michael: I hear it’s nice up there...
    Santoro: Who told you that? All it ever does is rain. Imagine London, but full of hippies.

& Michael: She’s just visiting. It’s not a realistic option.
    Dr. Lee: Is that what she’s been saying, or is that what you’ve been hearing? Confirmation bias makes us susceptible* to hearing only things that reinforce our opinion, and the more closely held our opinion, the more selective we seem to be about the things that we pay attention to.

& Dr. Lee: Unfortunately, Detective, the reality is that this is the way most marriages die... Not with epic rounds of screaming matches, not with threats or ultimatums, but with two people who wander slowly away from one another without a word. They completely forget what it really means to be together until one day, they look up and they discover... there’s no way back.


& Vega: L.A. is perfect.
    Michael: Yeah?
    Vega: Yeah. I went out with an actress the other day who asked me to help her memorize lines. She said the only way that she could get into the part was to strip away everything that wasn’t part of the character, so she gets naked and reads a script to me for an hour and a half. I mean, you cannot find that in Oregon.
    Michael: She read to you?
    Vega: Naked.
    Michael: You and I have different definitions of “perfect.”

& Michael: This thing works because I make it work. And nothing’s gonna change that. I won’t let it.

& Gemini: You see, that’s the thing about guys like you and me. There’s no other way for us to be. You take away what makes us us, and what’s left?.. No, don’t let them do that to you. The world needs a few of us to see it... Sideways. Sweet dreams, Detective Britten... And speaking just for myself, I’d be very disappointed if you woke up.

--
susceptible — восприимчивый; чувствительный

On the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий