16 мая 2012 г.

Mad Men 5x9

Dark Shadows

& Roger: Don’t you think we’re capable of doing this on our own?
    Cooper: Mr. Campbell is very good for our business, but this requires your finesse* and, frankly, your semitic wife.
    Roger: Bert, how do you not know I’m getting a divorce?
    Cooper: Not Mona, Jane.
    Roger: Jane and I are getting divorced.
    Cooper: Already?

& Roger: How Jewish are they?
    Cooper: You know, “Fiddler on the roof,” audience or cast? The company is Manischewitz.

& Sally: How’d you do that?
    Megan: Just keep ’em wide open and think about something that makes you sad.

& Michael: And when I say someone, I mean a cop, school teacher with glasses, businessman, Indian chief. Anybody kids hate... And maybe a pig.
    Don: Why a pig?
    Michael: I don’t know, but everybody laughed.

& Roger: Michael, can you keep a secret?
    Michael: Nope.
    Roger: I need you to do some work for me on a prospective account. It will involve a client dinner.
    Michael: And murder.
    Roger: ...... You’re not going to dinner.

& Roger: What I need from you is a couple of ideas for a company called Monarch Wines. The brand is Manischewitz.
    Michael: You assume that I’m Jewish.
    Roger: Stop talking. They make wine for Jews. And now they’re making one they want to sell to normal people. You know what I mean... People like me.


& Betty: What are you doing?
    Henry: I’m sorry. I can’t eat fish five times a week.

& Betty: Rocky can’t run. He’s divorced.
    Henry: Nobody cares anymore. He just got reelected governor.

& Jane: I want you to buy me a new apartment.

& Roger: Lord knows there’s been plenty of prejudice in this country. But growing up in Manhattan, I’ve always envied the humor, the closeness, the way your people keep track of each other.
    Manischewitz: So you married your way in, huh?
    Roger: I’ve always thought Jewish women are the most beautiful women in the world.
    Manischewitz: Now that’s a sales pitch.

& Peggy: Am I the only one who can work and drink at the same time?

& Jane: So, you suddenly have no problem telling people I’m Jewish?

& Howard: I’m just gonna spend as much time as I can with my girl before I’m trapped with my family over the holiday.
    Pete: You know what, Howard? Why don’t you spend Thanksgiving with her, and I’ll go to your house and screw your wife?
    Howard: Are you kidding me? Good luck with that. But I guess the grass is always greener, right?

& Don: Look, I don’t like going in with two ideas. It’s weak.
    Michael: And you don’t wanna be weak, so you picked yours.
    Don: And they bought it, which is our goal, isn’t it?!
    Michael: ... What do I care? I got a million of ’em. A million.
    Don: Good. I guess I’m lucky you work for me.
    Michael: I feel bad for you.
    Don: I don’t think about you at all.

Maurice Chevalier — Sweepin’ the Clouds Away

don’t go around moping
hoping happiness
will come
that’s not the way
it doesn’t pay
why don’t you try to
take life the way I do?

--
finesse — тонкость; ловкость; мастерство; хитрость

On the Imdb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий