30 мая 2012 г.

Mad Men 5x11

The Other Woman

& Stan: ’Jaguar, the mistress who’ll do things your wife won’t.’
    Don: What did I say before? The client doesn’t want to hear the word mistress. Salesmen can use it, but the campaign can’t.
    Michael: ... Jaguar, you’ll love it when you’re in it.
    Don: You know what? Let’s take a break.

& Rennet, Jaguar executive: I’m a hard man to please. I always feel like someone should go the extra mile.
    Pete: We’re open to anything your heart desires.
    Rennet: Well, the other day when we were all touring your offices, our guide was a dynamite redhead.
    Ken: Joan Harris.
    Rennet: Built like a B-52.
    Pete: Yeah, we know who you’re talking about.
    Rennet: Well, I sure would like the opportunity to get to know her better...

& Ken: So you like redheads? I think I know some.
    Rennet: I like that redhead. And I think she and I would both welcome the opportunity to spend a night together.
    Pete: Well, you could ask her out. It wouldn’t be a conflict.
    Rennet: No, I’m kind of shy. All I’m saying is, if it happens, it would make me happy. If it doesn’t, well... no guarantees in life, right?

& Pete: He said he was crazy about you and then he just asked. And then I thought we were past it, but right before we put him in a cab, he said it again and it was quite conditional... A night with you or no vote.
    Joan: Well, I’m sorry to hear that.
    Pete: Anyway, if you can think of some way to break the news to the company that we’re out of this, I’d really appreciate it...
    Joan: You’re unbelievable.

& Pete: It’s just... It seems to me that there’s something that could be worth the sacrifice. We’re talking about a night in your life. We’ve all had nights in our lives where we’ve made mistakes for free.
    Joan: You’re talking about prostitution.
    Pete: I’m talking about business at a very high level.

& Pete: This was an act of desperation. I hope I haven’t insulted you. That’s all that matters to me.
    Joan: I understand.

& Pryce: You have some nerve to even ask her!
    Pete: That’s right. And you should be thanking me because we’ve come too far and are too close to turning this place into what it should be. Now we’re going to walk away? Over what?
    Don: He’s one guy and we can win it without him. End of discussion.

& Pryce: ... Well, why don’t I... Look into it to see what we can afford so you may approach her in the morning with something definitive?
    Pete: So, we’re 75% of this company. There’s no need to create a conspiracy by having a vote, is there?
    Roger: Don’t fool yourself. This is some very dirty business.
    Cooper: Let her know she can still say no.


& Stan: You want to help us out? Throw some taglines at the wall?
    Megan: How about... “Jaguar, it’s your problem, not mine.”

& Joan: Tell them I want a partnership, not silent, comprising 5% of the business.
    Pete: Well...
    Joan: There’s no negotiation.
    Pete: Okay.
    Joan: I want documents by the end of the day.

& Joan: I’m not guaranteeing results.
    Pete: I don’t think he’ll have trouble performing. He’s quite ardent.
    Joan: I meant winning the business.
    Pete: Yes. Of course.

& Joan: Which one is he?
    Pete: He’s not bad.
    Joan: He’s doing this.

& Don: I don’t want it like this.
    Pete: It was her idea.

& Don: And if we don’t get Jaguar, so what? Who wants to be in business with people like that?
    Joan: I was told everyone was on board...
    Don: I said no and they voted when I left the room.
    Joan: You’re a good one, aren’t you?

& Herb: I feel like a sultan of Araby and my tent is graced with Helen of Troy.
    Joan: Those are two different stories.

& Herb: You know, I don’t know how much longer I can restrain myself. Let me see ’em.

& — All I want to know is, you must have heard some pretty terrible things about me from Don Draper’s mouth. But why would you want to play for the other team?
    Peggy: It’s not a game. It’s my career.

& Peggy: I want you to know that the day you saw something in me... My whole life changed. And since then, it’s been my privilege to not only be at your side, but to be treated like a protegee and for you to be my mentor and my champion.
    Don: But?..
    Peggy: But... I think I’ve reached a point where it’s time for me to have a new experience.

You Really Got Me — The Kinks

girl, you really got me going
you got me so I don’t know what I’m doing now
yeah, you really got me now
you got me so I can’t sleep at night

--
On the Imdb

__ It's became more and more dirty.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий