26 мая 2012 г.

Awake 1x4

Kate Is Enough

& Dr. Lee: Has it occurred to you that part of why you’re finding it difficult to help your son is because you haven’t truly accepted what he’s experiencing.
    Michael: Of course I have.
    Dr. Lee: Do you believe your wife is dead, detective Britten?

& Dr. Lee: Seeing this woman Kate in reality, and then dreaming about her where her life has unraveled, what comes to mind?
    Michael: I don’t know. Things...
    Dr. Lee: Well, things are, obviously, they’re different. You’ve created different versions of everything in order to protect yourself from the discovery that this is reality. The fact that this Kate person shows up in the world in which you see Rex proves that that’s a dream.
    Michael: How?
    Dr. Lee: Would you have dreamt of running into someone you haven’t seen for ten years, and then the very next day she just happens to show up in reality? Isn’t it far more reasonable that you ran into her here in reality first, on the boat, and then your mind carried her over into your dream?

& Dr. Evans: Every time the answers become clear, you try to find ways to cover them up. I think what’s more relevant to the question of which Kate is real, is why you’re seeing her in one world and reflecting her so differently in the other.
    Michael: I don’t know. It’s not like she’s... Well, either of them aren’t particularly central to either case.
    Dr. Evans: Well, is it possible that these diverging Kates have less to do with the cases you’re working on, and more to do with Rex?
    Michael: Rex?
    Dr. Evans: Yeah, think about it.


& Freeman: So how’s it going with Rex?
    Michael: I don’t know. I can’t get a word out of him. Can’t even get an opening.
    Freeman: Don’t you find that ironic? I mean, here you are, this big-time detective, you can get killers to turn, but you can’t get two words from your own kid?

& Dr. Evans: It’s like everything else. Things are different, but... equally plausible. So, if you find it just as realistic that a tragedy can strengthen someone or destroy them, what I’m wondering is what you think makes it go in one direction or the other.

& Kate-1: That was it. And for a long time, I was so angry at myself and at the world. I didn’t see the point in anything. And it’s not like people didn’t want to help. It’s just that when a thing like that happens, you don’t know how to let them. I skipped work. I didn’t talk to my friends. My mom kept trying to get me back out there, telling me it would make me feel better. But I kept telling her that that was the point. I didn’t want to feel any better. Eventually, she just let me be... After that, I started finding my own ways to deal with the pain.

& Kate-2: She just wouldn’t let me be... I don’t know how my mom did it. I mean, she was just as sad and hurt as I was. Somehow she had the strength to not only stay on her feet, but to get me back on mine. And she must have tried a thousand times to get me back into my life, and I just kept saying no. I guess I’m lucky that she was willing to try a thousand and one.

--
On the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий