8 мая 2012 г.

Game of Thrones 2x6

The Old Gods and the New

& Theon: I’ve taken your castle.
    Bran: Theon?
    Theon: It’s Prince Theon now.

& Bran: I’ll never yield. We’ll fight you and throw you out.
    Theon: The castle is mine, but these people are still yours. You’ll yield to keep them safe, to keep them alive. That’s what a good lord would do.

& Bran: Theon... Did you hate us the whole time?

& Bran: Why?
    Osha: It’s your dream, Little Lord. The ocean has come to swallow this place. I ain’t letting it drown me.

& Maester Luwin: The Starks will pay. Please, Theon, think what you do.
    Theon: ... You’ll address me as Prince Theon or you’ll be next!

& Theon: Any last words, old man?
    Ser Rodrik: Gods help you, Theon Greyjoy. Now you are truly lost.

& Qhorin: Look around, boy. This look like home to you? You start thinking you know this place, it’ll kill you. You understand me?.. No, you don’t. We’re at war. We’ve always been at war. It’s never going to end ’cause we’re not fighting an enemy. We’re fighting the North and it’s not going anywhere.

& Qhorin: I want you to curse and fight until your heart’s done pumping. And know this, boy... your death will be a gift for them south of the Wall. They’ll never know what you’ve done. They’ll never know how you died. They won’t even know your damn name, but they’ll be alive because some nameless bastard north of the Wall gave his life for theirs. Now, do you understand me?
    Jon Snow: I do.
    Qhorin: You’re even dumber than you look. It’s just words, boy, to keep us a little warmer in the night, make us feel like we’ve got a purpose.

& Jon Snow: A girl.
    Qhorin: A wildling.

& Joffrey: Just kill them! Kill them all!

& Joffrey: I want these people executed!
    The Dog: And they want the same for you.

& Tyrion: Oh, you blind, bloody fool.
    Joffrey: You can’t insult me.
    Tyrion: We’ve had vicious* kings and we’ve had idiot kings, but I don’t know if we’ve ever been cursed with a vicious idiot for a king.


& Spice King: So, my little princess, what is it you want?
    Daenerys: My birthright... the Seven Kingdoms of Westeros.

& Daenerys: When I stepped into the fire, my own people thought I was mad. But when the fire burned out, I was unhurt, the Mother of Dragons. Do you understand? I’m no ordinary woman. My dreams come true.
    Spice King: I admire your passion. But in business, I trust in logic, not passion. I’m sorry, little princess.
    Daenerys: I am not your little princess! I am Daenerys Stormborn of the blood of old Valyria and I will take what is mine. With fire and blood, I will take it.

& Tywin: I taught my son Jaime to read. The Maester came to me one day, told me he wasn’t learning. He couldn’t make sense of the letters. He reversed them in his head. The Maester said he’d heard tell of this affliction and that we simply must accept it. Ha! After that, I sat Jaime down for four hours every day until he learned. He hated me for it, for a time... For a long time, but he learned.

& Tywin: Where is your father? Is he alive?.. Who was he?
    Arya: ... A stonemason.
    Tywin: A stonemason who could read? Hmm.
    Arya: He taught himself.
    Tywin: Quite a man. What killed him?
    Arya: Loyalty.
    Tywin: You’re a sharp little thing, aren’t you?

& Arya: Amory Lorch!
    Jaqen H’ghar: A girl has named a second name. A man will do what must be done.
    Arya: Now!
    Jaqen H’ghar: A girl cannot tell a man when exactly he must do a thing. A man cannot make a thing happen before its time.
    Arya: But he’s going to tell Tywin. He’s getting away. It has to be now!

& Ygritte: We’ll stay warmer if we stay close... Bet you freeze to death before I do... Bet your life.

& Ygritte: Think they’re out looking for you?
    Jon Snow: Yes.
    Ygritte: Think they’ll find you?
    Jon Snow: Yes.
    Ygritte: You’re brave. Stupid, but brave.

& Catelyn: Let me go and talk to Theon.
    Robb: There will be no talk. He will die for this.

& Osha: There are other ways to serve, My Lord.
    Theon: I’m a prince now, and you’d do well...
    Osha: There are other ways to serve, my Prince.

& Sansa: Why? Why would a stranger... I would have given them bread if I had it! I hate the King more than any of them!
    Shae: Don’t say these things. If the wrong people hear you...
    Sansa: But you’re not the wrong people.
    Shae: ... Don’t trust anybody... Life is safer that way.

& Daenerys: The Spice King refuses me because I’m a bad investment. The Silk King won’t support me because of his business with the Lannisters. Why offend his best customer? And the Copper King offers me a single ship on the condition that I lie with him for a night. Does he think I will whore myself for a boat?
    Xaro Xhoan Daxos: When I came to this city, I had nothing. Truly nothing... Today I am the richest man in Qarth. Do you think the path from poverty to wealth is always pure and honorable? I have done many things, Khaleesi, that a righteous man would condemn. And here I am, with no regrets.

--
vicious — порочный; злобный; ужасный

On the Imdb.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий