10 мая 2023 г.

The Whale (2022)

Thomas: But why did you have me read it to you?
Charlie: Because I thought I was dying. And I wanted to hear it one last time.

Charlie: What was my blood pressure?
Liz: Two-hundred and thirty-eight over 134.
Charlie: Oh.
Liz: Yeah. "Oh."

Thomas: I still don't understand why you had me read that essay to you.
Charlie: It's a really good essay.

Ellie: I'm not spending time with you. You're disgusting.
Charlie: Well, I'm a lot bigger than I was since last time you saw me.
Ellie: No, I'm not talking about what you look like. You'd be disgusting even if you weren't this fat.

Ellie: Tell you one thing that I like about religion. What I like about religion is that it assumes that everyone is an idiot and that they're all incapable of saving themselves. I think they got something right with that.
Thomas: I don't think like that...
Ellie: What I don't like about religion is that when people accept Jesus or whatever, they suddenly think that they're better than everyone else. By accepting the fact that they're stupid sinners, somehow they've become better, and they turn into assholes.
Thomas: I don't really know what to say. I have some pamphlets that I think would...

Thomas: There's so much more in the Bible that we can...
Charlie: I read the Bible.
Thomas: Really?
Charlie: Sure. Couple times.
Thomas: Did you like it?
Charlie: I thought it was devastating... God creates us, expels us from paradise. We wander around for thousands of years killing each other, before he comes back and saves 144,000 of us. Meanwhile, seven-and-a-half billion of us fall into hell.
Thomas: Yeah. That's not really how I interpret it, but...

Charlie: I understand that you're angry. But... You don't have to be angry at the whole world. You can just be angry at me.

Ellie: All this time, you... You could have been a part of my life.
Charlie: Ellie. Look at me... Who would want me to be a part of their life?

Ellie: Just fucking die already!

Charlie: These assignments don't matter. This course doesn't matter. College doesn't matter. These amazing, honest things that you wrote, they matter.

Charlie: Do you ever get the feeling that... People are incapable of not caring? People are amazing.

Charlie: "And I felt saddest of all when I read the boring chapters that were only descriptions of whales, because I knew that the author was just trying to save us from his own sad story, just for a little while."


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий