22 мая 2023 г.

Mission Accomplished

The Wire 3×12


Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: BNBG.
Det. Vernon Holley: Big negro, big gun.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: I caught him, Bunk. On the wire. I caught him. And he doesn't fucking know it.

Slim Charles: Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean, shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it. If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. Det. Lester Freamon: How'd he take it?
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: Like Stringer was kin.

Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: This is Stringer's?
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Yeah... Who the fuck was I chasing?

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Hey, Cheryl... My guess is she's picking up a prisoner. I spoke to her about ten minutes ago... Yeah, well, they make you check your stuff. Cellphone, money, weapon... She'll call when she gets the message.

Det. Roland 'Prez' Pryzbylewski: I heard the Vanguard met. Heard they voted to have a civilian review board look at it.
Det. Lester Freamon: It wasn't unanimous, and there were people there speaking for you.
Det. Roland 'Prez' Pryzbylewski: I heard that too... So, six out of ten black officers think I'm just an asshole racist.
Det. Lester Freamon: On the other hand, four out of ten think you're just an asshole.

Deputy Commissioner for Operations William A. Rawls: ... And did so without properly informing his superior officers and without regard to the criminal statutes he was sworn to enforce, thereby disgracing himself and his command.
Acting Commissioner Ervin H. Burrell: Is any of that subject to any contradiction or argument whatsoever, Major Colvin?
Maj. Howard 'Bunny' Colvin: No, sir.
Deputy Commissioner for Operations William A. Rawls: No argument at all, Bunny?
Deputy Commissioner for Operations William A. Rawls: Not much you can say, is there? Not to real police.
Maj. Howard 'Bunny' Colvin: Get on with it, motherfucker--

Acting Commissioner Ervin H. Burrell: Any way you can tie your case to this mess with Colvin? Make it like what he was doing led to your thing?
Lt. Cedric Daniels: I don't see it.
Acting Commissioner Ervin H. Burrell: Well, it's good work nonetheless, Major Daniels.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: I guess I finished something today.
Off. Beatrice 'Beadie' Russell: A case?
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: More than that. It's like everything I poured into a glass came out the bottom. And I just kept on pouring, like the thing had a hole in it, you know? The things that make me right for this job, maybe they're the same things that make me wrong for everything else.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий