27 мая 2023 г.

The Auguries

Westworld 4×1


Man in Black: Forever... in my experience is a little bit longer than most people expect.

Man in Black: This is America. Everything here is for sale.

Man in Black: You ever hear the one about the missionary who tried to negotiate with the tiger? He told the tiger he could eat most of him, but he had to stop when he got to his head... You and your friends in the cartel or whatever the fuck you're calling yourselves these days sell me this lump of concrete, today.
Hugo: Or?
Man in Black: Or you give it to me for nothing. Tomorrow.

Man in Black: Door number two, then. Mañana.

Maya: I have a dilemma. Which would you choose? White or black?

Jo: Man, seven years ago, it would've just been robots working the holiday, but... lucky for us, they're all scrap metal now. Least the riots ensured our job security.
Caleb: That wasn't exactly the point of the riots.
Jo: Yeah, 'cause the riots had no point.
Caleb: They won us our freedom.
Jo: Sure, but from what? Ourselves? Hey, man, the way I look at it, that Incite machine that they blew up didn't tell us who we could be, it told us who we already were.

Maeve: Now be a dear. Close your eyes, won't you?

Maya: And remember, smile. You have to at least try.
Christina: Do I? I mean, even if by some miracle we're right for each other, shouldn't it be natural and easy?
Maya: Are you kidding? Take a look at this world. Nobody wants easy or natural. Art is a lie that tells the truth, honey.

Christina: I mostly write non player characters.
Henry: What's that?
Christina: Background characters that interact with the players on their journeys. Not as high-profile as programming the leads. But it's just as important.
Henry: For most players, the background characters are just cannon fodder.
Christina: ... I'm not doing it for the players, I'm doing it for myself.

Henry: You sound depressed. There's tabs for that. They'll fix you right up.
Christina: What if I'm not the one that's broken? What if it's the world that needs fixing?
Henry: There's tabs for that feeling, too.

Caleb: Well, you know the best way to keep watch at night is to turn the lights down around you and light up...
Frankie: Light up the perimeter.
Caleb: That way, no one can see you, but you can see.
Frankie: See everyone.

Uwade: We've been through this. You just need to take deep breaths. Calm yourself. The past is in the past. Nothing is going to hurt you except your own mind.
Caleb: I'm sorry.

Maeve: Hello, darling.

Caleb: You know, I thought... I was sure I was never gonna see you again.
Maeve: And yet here I am, disposing and dismembering just like the good old days.

Caleb: I always knew this day was coming. As soon as you stop running, everyone else starts to catch up.

——
+ Quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий