5 мая 2023 г.

Straight and True

The Wire 3×5


Johnny Weeks: Fuck that, Bubs, all right? I'm not a fuckin' snitch.
Reginald 'Bubbles' Cousins: You know, I could argue the other side - say if you drop dime to duck a charge, you a snitch. You do it as a living, you a professional.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: You disappoint me, String. I had such fuckin' hopes for us.
Russell 'Stringer' Bell: Have a nice day, Officer.

Russell 'Stringer' Bell: All those in favor of goin' together so we can get the best discount on a New York package, raise up... All right, then. There it is. Look like we gonna make more money, together... I'm proud of y'all for putting aside petty grievances and puttin' this thing together. For a cold-ass crew of gangsters, y'all carried it like Republicans and shit.

Avon Barksdale: I'm feeling good to be out of this motherfucker. There's a sign on the other side of this gate that say, "Never again." That's the only fucking thing I'm gonna take with me from here.

Preston 'Bodie' Broadus: They took us down to Vincent Street where all the houses is boarded up, and they let us out. And then, on top of all of that, the whole while they was being all like decent and shit, and you know that fucked me up. And then, like, the police chief, he come out - and this is the crazy part - he say that he got it set up so where we could sell stuff in certain spots and the police won't bother us. I know, I know. It's fucked up.

Russell 'Stringer' Bell: I appreciate smart, but you gotta know in this game, man, it ain't enough. You a student of history? You know this town had its share of smart players, man? Melvin, Little Wil, Big Head Brother, Peanut, Warren... All real smart, man, real smart. But you know, soon as their names rang out... bam, the feds was on them. You know what I mean?... Government ain't want you to be organized. They want you scrimpin' and scrapin' and killin' each other on the corner on some bullshit. Not me.

Theresa D'Agostino: You should get dressed. I got a lot of work here. It's a long day for me tomorrow.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: I'll be really quiet. You never know, you might get bored workin'.
Theresa D'Agostino: I gotta work. You gotta go.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий