16 мая 2023 г.

New Day

The White Lotus 1×2


Nicole Mossbacher: I just think it's funny that I'm a role model to strangers. But...
Olivia Mossbacher: But what?
Nicole Mossbacher: Most people admire people who achieve things, but you somehow look at it as if it's a personality disorder.
Olivia Mossbacher: Making shit happen all the time is a compulsion. It staves off feelings of emptiness. Or whatever. The real question is, what exactly are you getting done? Putin is an overachiever. He's impressive, also evil.
Mark Mossbacher: Liv, your mother is not Putin.
Nicole Mossbacher: Thank you.
Mark Mossbacher: Yeah. She runs one of the most profitable search engines in America. And she's made it as a woman in a male-dominated culture. It's very cool.
Olivia Mossbacher: And her company is a part of the unraveling of the social fabric. Should I be rooting for that just because it's run by a woman?
Nicole Mossbacher: No, you should be rooting for that because it's your mother.

Shane Patton: How about this? Whatever they're paying you, I'll double it. You can get paid to have fun on your honeymoon, with me.

Belinda: I do think that there's a purpose in helping even rich people, you know? Helping them to find healing, making them feel more present, more aware... Because rich people, they're the ones that, you know... are fucking up the whole world.
Tanya MacQuoid: Yeah. I mean, I know a lot of rich, white, fucked up people. They could really use you.

Mark Mossbacher: Uh... This may be a little cheesy. But, um, I just wanted to say... that I had a little health scare... and it turned out to be a real blessing, because it's the kind of thing that gives you a new perspective on life and... and how lucky we all are. And when you really think about it, I mean... we have no problems. We've got food to eat, family, we're healthy and alive. And when you think about how...
Rachel Patton: That-- that family... is so obnoxious. The mother is a bitch. And the daughter is a bitch also.
Mark Mossbacher: Never take anything for granted. It's also a reminder to look at things in a new way, and if you do, then, like, every day can be a new day, right? And if it is... it's like you're al-- you're always being born into life... like, all the time. You're not stuck... decaying or dying. Anyway, that's just what I was thinking about. I just wanna share it and... just... I love you guys.
Nicole Mossbacher: That's so sweet, honey.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий