7 мая 2023 г.

Teen Angst and a Smart-Boy Walk of Shame

Young Sheldon 6×15


Georgie: How's she doing?
Mandy: She's fine.
Georgie: She's quiet. She's breathing, right?

Dr. Sturgis: Well, good morning, Sheldon.
Sheldon: What's good about it? I'm a laughingstock.
Dr. Sturgis: I don't think anybody cares.
Sheldon: But my database failed.
Dr. Sturgis: Failure only means something if you quit.
Sheldon: Well, get ready for some meaning. I quit.

Mary: It's okay, sweetie, Nana's here.
Georgie: Nana? Who picked that?
Mary: I did.
Georgie: Why ain't you another meemaw?
Connie: 'Cause I'm the only meemaw.

Mandy: Okay, well, I'm gonna get some sleep, and I may never come back.

Sheldon: I don't understand. The code is perfect. It should have worked.
Dr. Sturgis: Well, the problem isn't that it didn't work, the problem is that nobody wanted to use it.
Sheldon: So, you're saying we didn't fail, the public failed us.
Dr. Sturgis: No, we failed.
Sheldon: And you've also failed at cheering me up, so good job.

Dr. Sturgis: I've been toying around with this new plasma confinement idea. Why don't we work on that and, uh, take your mind off the database?
Sheldon: What if we fail at that, too? Then we'll have two failures back to back. I'll have to leave the country or grow a mustache, or leave the country until I can grow a mustache.
Dr. Sturgis: Well, we don't know if we'll fail until we try.
Sheldon: Counterpoint: if we don't try, we'll never fail.

Missy: How long has she been crying?
Mandy: Her whole life.
Missy: I got a brother like that.

Sheldon: Would you teach me how to throw a football?
George: What? What? Why?
Sheldon: I'm trying to get more comfortable with failure.
George: What makes you think you're gonna fail?
Sheldon: The word "ball".

George: Now, you'll notice that the shape of this thing is more like a missile, right, than it is your typical bouncy ball.
Sheldon: The term you're looking for is prolate spheroid.
George: Wasn't looking for it, but thank you.

George: Bring the ball back to your ear. And when you're ready to throw, bring your arm down like a tomahawk. Get that ball spinning. All right?
Sheldon: And am I correct in assuming that more revolutions will create a parabolic arc that resists external forces?
George: Sure.

Sheldon: Dr. Linkletter, I need your help.
Dr. Linkletter: Of course. Let me just drop everything so I can be of assistance.
Sheldon: Thank you. I'm trying to embrace failure, and I realized that social subtleties like sarcasm can sometimes evade me.
Dr. Linkletter: You don't say.
Sheldon: No, it's true. And I was hoping you could pepper our conversation with sarcasm, so I can try to identify it.
Dr. Linkletter: Oh, boy, when do we start?
Sheldon: Now would be great.

Dr. Linkletter: My point is, I was experiencing something similar, and there's no shortcut through grief.
Sheldon: Those are wise words.
Dr. Linkletter: Thank you.
Sheldon: It was smart I came to you. You're clearly an expert on humiliation and defeat.
Dr. Linkletter: Sarcasm?
Sheldon: No.
Dr. Linkletter: Leave.
Sheldon: Sarcasm?
Dr. Linkletter: No.

Sheldon: My database... I've-I've never failed like this before, and it frightens me.
Mary: Oh... sweetie, I'm sorry. Sometimes, no matter how much we want things to work out, they just don't.
Adult Sheldon: Good job, Mama.

Adult Sheldon: Dealing with failure is a tricky business. You can face it head on and try to overcome it. You can avoid it. You can try to drown it out. Or you can try to talk to someone about it. And some people choose to run.

--
+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий