7 мая 2023 г.

Homecoming

The Wire 3×6


Sgt. Jay Landsman: What the fuck is this?
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: Ten-page report on the heroic police work undertaken to retrieve Officer Dozerman's service weapon. Send that upstairs, keep the bosses out of your ass for a while.
Sgt. Jay Landsman: .... You actually did all this?
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: Would it matter if I had?

Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: You know the hardest part about being a police?
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Explaining to your wife why she has to take antibiotics for your kidney infection.
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: I was gonna say trying to make the job matter.
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: That, too.

Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: She's kind of like Freamon with tits.
Det. Shakima 'Kima' Greggs: So what, did you get her number?
Det. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: Nah, not exactly. What kind of detective am I if I can't track a white woman in Baltimore?

Avon Barksdale: Since when do we buy corners? We take corners.
Russell 'Stringer' Bell: You gonna buy one way or another. Whether it's with the bodies we lost or are gonna lose, time in the joint that's behind us or ahead of us. You gonna get shit in this game, but ain't shit for free. Uh-uh.

Russell 'Stringer' Bell: How many corners do we need? How much money can a nigger make?
Avon Barksdale: More than a nigger can spend.
Russell 'Stringer' Bell: We won't be around to spend what we done made.
Avon Barksdale: Shit, I didn't think I was gonna be around this long.
Russell 'Stringer' Bell: Yeah. Well, we here now.

Avon Barksdale: I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you. You know, I'm just a gangster, I suppose. And I want my corners.

A.S.A. Rhonda Pearlman: She's gonna run for Council?
Lt. Cedric Daniels: She is. Probably win, too, if I know her.
A.S.A. Rhonda Pearlman: And you're the proud husband? Not sure how that makes me feel.
Lt. Cedric Daniels: It's just for show until the election next year. A city police lieutenant looks good on her arm.
A.S.A. Rhonda Pearlman: Who even cares anymore? Everyone's either separated or divorcing for the second time.

Theresa D'Agostino: So, with crime as the issue, the great white father rides to the rescue against a black incumbent mayor in a city that's 65% black?

Dennis 'Cutty' Wise: Couldn't squeeze the trigger. Couldn't do it, man.
Avon Barksdale: Why not?
Dennis 'Cutty' Wise: Wasn't in me, I guess. You know, whatever it is in you... that lets you flow like you flowing... to do that thing, it ain't in me no more.

Dennis 'Cutty' Wise: I ain't making myself clear. The game ain't in me no more. None of it.
Avon Barksdale: But you ain't done shit else so what are you gonna do?
Dennis 'Cutty' Wise: I don't know. But it can't be this.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий