20 мая 2023 г.

A German Folk Song and an Actual Adult

Young Sheldon 6×17


Georgie: Remember, it's always four claps. Never three, always four.
Meemaw: You know who claps three times? Yankees.
Georgie: And as Texans, we always remember the Alamo.
Meemaw: Otherwise, we might as well just live in Oklahoma. Blech.

Georgie: It ain't a big deal.
Meemaw: What do you mean, it's not a big deal? You're gonna be 18. You can legally buy me cigarettes.
Mandy: And CeeCee's excited her dad's gonna be an actual adult and she doesn't have to change the subject every time his age comes up.

Mandy: You miss being 18?
Meemaw: No, pretty happy where I am right now.
Mandy: Yeah, me, too.
Meemaw: I'm lying.
Mandy: Yeah, me, too.

Sheldon: I know a way for you to watch whatever you want.
Missy: How?
Sheldon: Your imagination.
Missy: That's stupid.
Sheldon: Did you know there's a German folk song about it?....

Mandy: Hey, I was thinking about doing something nice for Georgie's birthday.
Meemaw: How nice? 'Cause I'm all set with great-grandchildren for now.

Brenda: Oh, I got you coffee. Don't worry, it's not the sludge we serve. I got it from the 7-Eleven on the corner.

George: Well, whichever one it was, I'm on your side. Screw Brenda.
Mary: You don't even know what happened!
George: You're right. Sorry. What happened?

Missy: What else happened?
Sheldon: Oh, they're also planning Kelly a surprise birthday party.
Missy: Well, that's why they got quiet.
Sheldon: How could you not get that? No one said it out loud.
Missy: You have to pay attention to how they're acting. Their faces and body language.
Sheldon: You mean for subtext?
Missy: Yeah, subtext.
Sheldon: I hate subtext, I prefer text.
Missy: Then just listen to the music. If it's sad, they're sad. It's happy, they're happy.
Sheldon: Interesting. So the music's like a cheat sheet to help read social cues?
Missy: Exactly.
Sheldon: Look at that, spring break and I'm still learning.

Mary: ... George said he was on my side, but if he was really on my side, he wouldn't say he was on my side like he had to calm down a crazy woman!
Mandy: You know, I can just buy Georgie a cake.

Connie: What happened?
Mary: You don't want to know.
Connie: Sold.

George: What you watching?
Sheldon: Beverly Hills 90210.
George: Isn't that Missy's show?
Sheldon: Yes, I'm trying to do a better job of picking up on the characters' emotional states. So, for example, this scene seems like it's about expired food, but thanks to the ominous music, I can tell it's about Kelly's eating disorder. Give it a try.

Mary: Do you even think about how your actions affect other people?
Brenda: Love it. Keep it coming.
Mary: You couldn't hang on to your crappy husband, so you tried to move in on my crappy husband!
Brenda: Good, good. That hurt, but good.

Mandy: Happy birthday.
Georgie: There is something else you could do for my birthday...
Mandy: I had a baby two weeks ago. No.
Georgie: Not that.
Mandy: Then what?
Georgie: ....

--
On the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий