31 мая 2023 г.

Paraskevidekatriaphobia

Inside No. 9 (8×3)


Gareth: Well, I wanted to point out to Dermot O'Leary that a study conducted in 1993 by Scanlon, Luben, Scanlon and Singleton concluded that the risk of hospital admission actually goes up by as much as 52% on Friday the 13th, so, you know, get your facts right and stop broadcasting such irresponsible crap!

Sue: I don't know if you want to hear this now, but your flush is broken, by the way.
Gareth: Yes, of course it is!
Sue: What with that and the lock, well, they say bad luck comes in threes.
Gareth: What's number two?
Sue: Your flush is broken, by the way...

Gareth: Just do it! I don't need any more bad luck today.

Johnny: You don't believe in all that Friday the 13th stuff, do you?
Gareth: Yes, of course I do! Look where I've ended up - trapped in a toilet with you two.
Johnny: But that's got nothing to do with the date. It's just circumstance.
Gareth: Oh, so says Mr. Shoes On The Table! You're inviting bad luck.
Johnny: From who, though?
Gareth: The universe! I opened the door and, boom, utter chaos!
Johnny: That's a very negative attitude, if you don't mind me saying.
Gareth: Tell that to Jesus, crucified on so-called Good Friday, after the Last Supper where there were 13 guests.
Sue: I didn't know they had Fridays in them days...

Gareth: You're all talking like what I'm saying is irrational, but it isn't! As I just explained in there!

Dana: It's taking over our lives. Every Friday the 13th, three times a year, you are obsessed!
Gareth: I'm not obsessed. And it's not three times a year. It's twice this year, twice next year and one time the year after that.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий