3 мая 2023 г.

Amsterdam

The Wire 3×4


Maj. Howard 'Bunny' Colvin: Ma'am, it pains me that you cannot enter your own front door in safety and with dignity. The truth is... I can't promise you it's gonna get any better. We can't lock up the thousands on the corners. There'd be no place to put them if we could. We show you charts and statistics like they mean something. But you're going back to your homes tonight, we're gonna be in our patrol cars and them boys still gonna be out there on them corners, deep in the game. This here is the world we got, people. And it's about time all of us had the good sense to at least admit that much.
Man at Meeting: So, what's the answer?
Maj. Howard 'Bunny' Colvin: Well, I'm not sure. But whatever it is, it can't be a lie.

Councilman Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: Who gave him a can of gasoline and told him to put out the fire?

Det. Lester Freamon: You[, McNulty,] put fire to everything you touch, then you walk away while it burns. I got nothing more to say to you. Nothing.

Mr. Jenkins: Excuse me while I go to the little boys' room, gentlemen. I need to tinkle.
Maj. Howard 'Bunny' Colvin: Tinkle? I never understood why a grown-ass man gotta talk like that. He need to take a piss, whether he know it or not.
— You'll get used to these academic types, Bunny. Especially when you get that first paycheck.

Cutty's Boss: Yeah, it's hot. Every day. You gonna be riding in the back of that hard truck, bouncing around, every day. And your back's gonna be yelling at you every day. I used to drive an SL. Pretty gold convertible. Nice rims. I don't even think on that car no more.
Dennis 'Cutty' Wise: You put it behind you, huh?
Cutty's Boss: Some can. I'm just saying, you wanna stay on the straight, ain't gonna be no big reward to it. This is it, right here.

Sgt. Jay Landsman: You tried to sneak by me, didn't you?
Det. William 'Bunk' Moreland: I was just coming in quiet and respectful.
Sgt. Jay Landsman: For a big man, you do have a dancer's grace. But I, sir, I have the eyes of an eagle.

Fruit: How you gonna come up here and try to game us?
Det. Ellis Carver: Say what?
Fruit: I'm saying you acting like we retarded.
Det. Ellis Carver: Better we put a foot in your ass?
Fruit: At least we'd understand.
Det. Ellis Carver: This ain't a trick, shitbird!
Fruit: We grind and y'all try to stop it. That's how we do. Why you got to go and fuck with the program? All due respect.

Councilman Thomas 'Tommy' Carcetti: I'm going to make a run for mayor. And you're gonna run my campaign. Give me one good reason why not to.
Theresa D'Agostino: I could give you ten, but here's the good one. You're the wrong color. You're not electable here.

Off. James 'Jimmy' McNulty: How the fuck you supposed to get a wire up on that?
Det. Lester Freamon: Yeah, well, first it was payphone and pagers. Then it was cellphones and face-to-face meets. Now this. The motherfuckers do learn. Every time we come at them, they learn and adjust.

Det. Lester Freamon: Seems Stringer Bell is worse than a drug dealer. Det. Roland 'Prez' Pryzbylewski: He's a developer.

Slim Charles: SIG Sauer. That ain't no lorcin, dawg.
Dennis 'Cutty' Wise: I'm used to revolvers, man. .38 don't jam.
Slim Charles: Don't hold 15, neither.
Dennis 'Cutty' Wise: Game done changed.
Slim Charles: Game the same. Just got more fierce.


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий