31 янв. 2021 г.

Mother

The Expanse 5×3


Admiral Delgado: A Belter, a Martian, and an Earther walk into a bar.
     Bartender, he asks the Belter what he wants. The Belter says, "I'll have a glass of your finest Martian whiskey. Drinking like my enemy lets me think like my enemy." He drinks his Martian whiskey.
     Bartender asks the Martian what he wants. The Martian says, "A glass of your finest Earther tequila. Drinking like my enemy also lets me think like my enemy." So the Martian drinks his Earther tequila.
     So now...
Dr. Alaoui: Excuse me. Sorry to interrupt.

Admiral Delgado: What do you estimate the size of the original asteroid was?
Chrisjen: Ballpark.
Dr. Alaoui: Well, based on these readings, somewhere between 10 and 30 meters in diameter.
Chrisjen: If a rock that size hit Earth, how big of an impact would that create?
Dr. Alaoui: It wouldn't. Our asteroid spotters would easily detect an asteroid of that size.
Chrisjen: Indulge us. Theoretically.
Dr. Alaoui: Uh, well, with a typical iron-nickel core and assuming a speed at impact of, say, 30,000 KPH, the blast would be about one to four megatons, depending on the impact angle.
Admiral Delgado: That's a medium-yield fusion warhead, blast radius 13 kilometers.

Michio: We never realize how much someone is a part of us... until we feel the weight of emptiness when they're gone.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий