16 янв. 2021 г.

Avalanche

The Crown 4×9


Prince Charles: What were you thinking?!
Princess Diana: I was trying to make you happy.
Prince Charles: That grotesque, mortifying display had nothing to do with me or my happiness. Eight minutes they were on their feet, cheering you! Tomorrow the newspapers will be about nothing other than you.
Princess Diana: People will see it was about my feelings for you.
Prince Charles: If you had any feelings for me, if you had… any understanding of me… if you had anything between your ears other than self-obsession, you would know public displays like that horrify me.

Prince Philip: Why did you never do that for me?
Queen Elizabeth II: Dance on your birthday?
Prince Philip: Yes. Like Salome.
Queen Elizabeth II: Because, if memory serves, you had your own ballerinas for that.
Prince Philip: Honestly. The rubbish you talk sometimes...

Martin Charteris: Um… We have contingency plans in place for all members of the royal family. "Menai Bridge" is no exception... It's the code name for the death of the Prince of Wales.

Prince Philip: Why bridges?
Queen Elizabeth II: We're all bridges. I'm London Bridge. Mummy's Tay Bridge. You're Forth Bridge. The choice of name… was to suggest a link between this life and… and the next.

Queen Elizabeth II: As his sister and confidante, I thought you might throw some light on a subject about which I've been ostriching, rather. The true state of Charles's marriage.
Princess Anne: You don't want to know.
Queen Elizabeth II: Actually, I do.

Princess Anne: The truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth?
Queen Elizabeth II: Please.
Princess Anne: All right. Once upon a time, there was a beautiful young girl who fell madly in love with a handsome prince. Unfortunately, the prince was already in love with someone else, who was herself in love with someone else, and they all lived unhappily ever after. That's it, in a nutshell. Do you need more?
Queen Elizabeth II: A little.

Princess Anne: There comes a point in any failing marriage, and here I speak with some experience, when you realize there's no point in trying anymore, and it's easier to just let the current take you away.

Princess Anne: Unfortunately, the Wales marriage is a rare example of something that is actually worse than the newspapers report.

Queen Elizabeth II: I asked you here today because word has reached me about the difficulties you're experiencing. But something as important as the marriage of the future monarch simply cannot be allowed to fail. Your marriage, all our marriages, are a reflection on the integrity of the Crown. And if they show cracks… that they cannot be relied upon, then the constancy and stability that the monarchy is supposed to represent is called into question too. So I would like to ask one fundamental question of you both... Does either of you no longer want this marriage to work?

Queen Elizabeth II: And do you understand what it takes to make a marriage work? The respect one must show the other party. The blind eyes one needs to turn. The arrangements both of you must come to. The freedoms both of you must respect. And the rules you must abide by.
Princess Diana: I am ready… to commit… to anything. To go to any lengths. And I want to say to you… that I'm sorry… for my part… in everything.
Queen Elizabeth II: Good. Well, that's that, then.
Prince Charles: What? Do I get a chance to speak?
Prince Philip: And say what? What else is there to say?

Edward Adeane: As a matter of fact, the Princess of Wales made a point of requesting you be in Highgrove that weekend. She said she had something specific in mind.

Princess Anne: The majority of marriages survive because the majority of people aren't fantasists. They are realists and accept the imperfect reality of being human.

Prince Charles: You're lying.
Princess Anne: No, I'm not. I'm trying to protect you.
Prince Charles: I come here seeking comfort from my sibling, and what do I get?
Princess Anne: The unvarnished truth.
Prince Charles: What does one have to do to get some kindness in this family?


+ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtrack

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий