27 янв. 2021 г.

Like Father, Like Son (2013)

Ryota Nonomiya: He must be disciplined. If you lose a day...
Midori Nonomiya: You'll be three days late trying to recuperate, I know. Come on, Keita. It's piano time.

Midori Nonomiya: Don't you think he has has grown up?
Ryota Nonomiya: You think so?
Midori Nonomiya: It'd seem he told Daichi to leave him alone.
Ryota Nonomiya: Let's hope it's true. In our days, kindness is a defect.
Ryota Nonomiya: I'll have more time when this project will be over.
Midori Nonomiya: It's been six years I've been hearing you saying the exact same thing.
Ryota Nonomiya: Is that true?

Yukari Saiki: And Ryota?
Midori Nonomiya: He had a very important meeting. He works a lot.
Yukari Saiki: Let's hope my husband will do likewise.
Yudai Saiki: "Leave for tomorrow what you could do today", is my motto.
Yukari Saiki: Sure, go on like this, and you'll be dead before doing anything.
Yudai Saiki: Don't try scaring me, I've still got a couple of years left.

Midori Nonomiya: Let's be honest, in these last six months I've spent more time with him than you have.
Ryota Nonomiya: Come on, there are other things besides time!
Midori Nonomiya: Don't you think that, for kids, giving them time is everything.
Ryota Nonomiya: There are things at work that only I can do.
Midori Nonomiya: But no one can play the role of the father other than you.

Midori Nonomiya: Even if your father said it, it's enough living with someone, blood counts for less. Love the other person and you'll end up being like her. It happens in married couples. And, probably, the same thing happens with children.

Yudai Saiki: Nowadays, kites fly like on their own. Back then it was much more difficult making them fly.
Ryota Nonomiya: My father was not the kind that'd fly kites with their kids.
Yudai Saiki: I understand. But there's nothing forcing you to act like your father.

Ryota Nonomiya: I am sorry, sir, but I am the plaintiff.
Kazushi Kamiyama: Yes, I know that very well. You see, you've always stepped on the gas. There are moments when one should push the brakes.
Ryota Nonomiya: But you are where you are because you didn't push the brakes.
Kazushi Kamiyama: It wasn't the same thing, times are changing. Try spending more time with your family.

— Insects reproduce themselves easily here. But fifteen years are needed from the moment a cicada lays eggs until they turn into larvae and get out from the ground.
Ryota: That much?!
— Do you think it's a long time?


On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий