13 апр. 2018 г.

The Shape of Water

Giles: Oh, God, to be young and beautiful... If I could go back to when I was 18... I didn't know anything about anything, I'd give myself a bit of advice. I would say, "Take better care of your teeth... and fuck a lot more." ... Oh no, no, that's very good advice.

Zelda: Look. Some of the best minds in the country peeing all over the floor in this here facility. Mmm, mmm, mmm. There's pee freckles on the ceiling now. How'd they get it up there? Just how big a target do they need, you figure?

Strickland: Oh, no. No, a man washes his hands before or after tending to his needs. It tells you a lot about a man. He does it both times... points to a weakness in character... Ladies. It was very pleasant chatting with you both.

Zelda: I can handle pee. I can handle poo. But blood... Ugh. Blood just does something to me.

Strickland: You don't think that's what the Lord looks like, do you?
Zelda: I wouldn't know, sir, what the Lord looks like.
Strickland: Well, it's human, Zelda. He looks like a human, like me. Or even you... Maybe a little more like me, I guess.

Dr. Hoffstetler: This creature is intelligent... capable of language... of understanding emotions.
General Hoyt: So are the Soviets, the Gooks. And we still kill them, don't we?


Strickland: Russians hate the Jews, but they can't get enough of their gadgets.

Zelda: I'm not a good liar. Except to Brewster. It takes a lot of lies to keep a marriage going.

Giles: Have you always been alone? Did you ever have someone? Do you know what happened to you? Do you? Because I don't. I don't know what happened to me. I don't know. I look in the mirror and the only thing that I recognize are these eyes... in this old man's face. You know, sometimes I think I was either born too early or too late for my life... Maybe we're both just relics.

Zelda: How? How? Does he have a...? Mm-hmm. Mm-hmm. Oh! Never trust a man. Even when he looks flat down there.

General Hoyt: "Decent?" A man has the decency not to fuck up. Now that's one thing. That's real decent of him. But the other kind of decency? It doesn't really matter. We sell it, but it's an export. We sell it, because we don't use it.
36 hours from now... this entire episode will be over. And so will you. Our universe will have a hole in it with your outline. And you will have moved on to an alternate universe. A universe of shit. You'll be lost to civilization. And you will be unborn. Unmade. And undone.
So go get some real decency, son. And unfuck this mess.

Strickland: There he is. Doctor-fucking-shirtbird.

Strickland: Fuck. You are a god.

--
++ Quotes on the IMDb
+ Soundtracks

Σ varlamov: «Гильермо дель Торо остаётся визионером и идеалистом. И он по-прежнему влюблён в чудовищ. Неслучайно в его фильмах, несмотря на наличие призраков, вампиров и самого дьявола, самые страшные персонажи — всегда люди, а главный враг — человеческие предрассудки. ....»

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий