22 апр. 2018 г.

Clarity

Homeland 7×10


VP Warner: Must gall her... that the survival of her Presidency could come down to me.

Saul: It's always a love story with you.

Sandy: Simone's thesis advisor at the time has a vivid memory of her boyfriend-- tall, dark, and Russian.

Jim: Is the President really that vulnerable?
Saul: Yeah, she is. If we don't produce some hard evidence that screams Russia, and soon, I don't see her making it to the end of the year, much less the end of her term.

Carrie: That's not about days or weeks, Saul. This is about the rest of my life.

David: Is this even legal?
Olivia: It's unprecedented, but the law's clear. The President can dismiss Cabinet members at any time for any reason.

David: The Russians! You are giving them the very Constitutional crisis they've been trying to instigate for months.

President Keane: I did not bust my ass to get elected! I did not survive an assassination attempt just to fold up my tent and go home. Send 'em.

Maggie: You were always so fearless, my God. I hated you for that. Why was I scared all the time?

Maggie: I am not... extraordinary like you, Carrie. I don't run CIA stations in Afghanistan or disrupt terrorist plots in Berlin. I don't advise the President of the United States. My job doesn't require me to risk my life. I'm not a hero. But as it turns out, safe has its advantages, too. A family... A stable home life...

Maggie: In six weeks, the ECT will wear off, and Saul will come knocking with some new crisis, and the whole crazy orchestra will start playing again.

Carrie: Quick. Before I change my mind.


President Keane: Well, if he's carrying an olive branch, tell him he's a day late and a dollar short.

VP Warner: Power without authority is tyranny. That's the line I'm trying to keep you from crossing.

VP Warner: Then you leave me no choice but to deliver to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House a document declaring you unfit for the Office of the Presidency.

VP Warner: It doesn't have to be such a snake pit, Elizabeth-- the world. It really doesn't.

Carrie: Is it too late?
Saul: For?
Carrie: Me to join? I think I could be useful.
Saul: Fucking kidding? Can you be ready in four hours?
Carrie: If I hustle.

Franny: Are you coming back?
Carrie: Of course I'm coming back. I'm going to work, and I always come back when my work's over, don't I?... I always come back.

Maggie: Now go. Go do what you were born to do.

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий