7 сент. 2016 г.

Sneakers

& Carl: We’ve got customers.
    Martin Bishop: Shoes?
    Carl: Expensive.
    Martin Bishop: Look busy, guys.

& Dick Gordon: Relax, Marty. We have to check on these things. It’s just everybody on your team has had some sort of problem in their past.
    Buddy Wallace: And then there’s Martin Bishop... He doesn’t seem to have a past.

& Martin Bishop: If I say no?
    Dick Gordon: Don’t say no. What good would you do anybody in prison?

& Liz: This isn’t just about large number theory. It’s about cryptography.
    Martin Bishop: Oh? You mean codes?
    Liz: I mean unbreakable codes.

& Dr. Janek: ... The numbers are so unbelievably big, all the computers in the world could not break them down. But maybe, just maybe there’s a shortcut...

& Mother: Okay, boss. This LTX-71 concealable mike is part of the same system that NASA used when they faked the Apollo moon landings. Had the astronauts broadcast around the world from a soundstage at Norton Air Force Base in San Bernardino, California. So, it worked for them. It shouldn’t give us too many problems...

& Martin Bishop: If you love him... If you really love him... Then just keep on loving him. And never let him know that you know what he thinks you don’t know you know. You know?

& Whistler: Anybody want to shut down the Federal Reserve? ...
    Anybody want to black out New England? ...
    Anybody want to crash a couple of passenger jets?


& Liz: I really enjoyed sleeping with all you guys. Take care.

& Cosmo: What’s wrong with this country, Marty?.. Money. You taught me that. Evil defense contractors had it, noble causes did not. Politicians are bought and sold like so much chattel. Our problems multiply.
    Pollution. Crime. Drugs, poverty, disease, hunger, despair — we throw GOBS of money at them and problems only get worse. Why is that? Because money’s most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don’t have it.
    Martin Bishop: I agree. Now who did you say you were working for?
    Cosmo: Oh, that’s just my day job.

& Cosmo: Listen, when I was in prison, I learned that everything in this world, including money, operates not on reality...
    Martin Bishop: But the perception of reality.
    Cosmo: Posit: People think a bank might be financially shaky.
    Martin Bishop: Consequence: People start to withdraw their money.
    Cosmo: Result: Pretty soon it is financially shaky.
    Martin Bishop: Conclusion: You can make banks fail.
    Cosmo: Bzzt. I’ve already done that. Maybe you’ve heard about a few? Think bigger.
    Martin Bishop: Stock market?
    Cosmo: Yes.
    Martin Bishop: Currency market?
    Cosmo: Yes.
    Martin Bishop: Commodities market?
    Cosmo: Yes.
    Martin Bishop: Small countries?
    Cosmo: I might even be able to crash the whole damn system. Destroy all records of ownership. Think of it, Marty: no more rich people, no more poor people, everybody’s the same. Isn’t that what we said we always wanted?
    Martin Bishop: Cos, you haven’t gone crazy on me, have you?

& Crease: I don’t believe this! Now what are you saying? The NSA killed Kennedy?
    Mother: No, they shot him, but they didn’t kill him. He’s still alive.
    Crease: That’s it! I’ve had it! I don’t want to talk to you anymore! Just do your job. I don’t want to talk to you anymore.
    Mother: Okay, fine. It was the same people who framed Pete Rose...

& Cosmo: I cannot kill my friend... Kill my friend.

& Whistler: Oh, God, I’m driving! I’m driving!

& Cosmo: There’s a war out there, old friend, a world war. And it’s not about who’s got the most bullets. It’s about who controls the information, what we see and hear, how we work, what we think. It’s all about the information.

& Martin Bishop: You do what you have to do, Cos. But if you want to stop me, you’ll have to pull the trigger.

& Carl: I’m Carl.
    NSA Agent Mary: I’m Mary.
    Abbott: I’m going to be sick!

& Abbott: Are we done here?
    Martin Bishop: Not yet. Whistler.
    Whistler: I want peace on earth and goodwill toward men.
    Abbott: This is ridiculous!
    Martin Bishop: He’s serious.
    Whistler: I want peace on earth and goodwill toward men.
    Abbott: We are the United States government. We don’t do that sort of thing.
    Martin Bishop: You’re just gonna have to try.
    Abbott: All right. I’ll see what I can do.
    Whistler: Thank you very much. That’s all I ask.

& TV Anchorman: In a surprise announcement, the Republican National Committee has revealed it is bankrupt. A spokesman for the party said they had plenty of money in their accounts last week, but today they just don’t know where the money has gone. But not everybody is going begging. Amnesty International, Greenpeace and the United Negro College Fund announced record earnings this week, due mostly to large, anonymous donations.

--
+++ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий