3 сент. 2016 г.

Bedfellows

Tyrant 3×7


& Sheik Al-Qadi: We want different things, madam.
    Leila: No, we want the same thing... To win this election. And, unfortunately, the only way that will happen is for us to reach some kind of compromise.

& Gen. Cogswell: I’m a little old for macho optimism, Mr. President. Here’s the truth. This is going to be a long war. Every war is longer than you think it’s going to be. You’ll be strongest on your first day, and every day after that, you’ll get weaker and they’ll get stronger. ... Unless you overwhelm them from the start, you’re gonna fight them to a draw at best, which means they win.

& Bassam: Tell me why you met with him!
    Leila: Are you trying to scare me?.. Shame on you. People are allowed to have private conversation in this country. Even your brother believed that.

& Hanif: The 30% of us you want to pretend don’t exist. Just because you choose to live a certain lifestyle.
    Halima: Lifestyle... What’s that supposed to mean?
    Hanif: Look at you. How you dress. How you parade your body around men... Around your boyfriend. I saw the two of you together. ... Throwing yourself at him! In the square! In public!


& Sheik Al-Qadi: ...This small step is the way to avoid calamity so that tomorrow we can fight back for the true, fully Islamic state we ultimately want. In the meantime, there will be Sharia law in this country for the first time for more than 25 years.

& Leila: ...Either this or Fauzi Nidal.

& Prof. El-Amin: You don’t know me at all!
    Sammy: I know you slept with me.
    Prof. El-Amin: As if that defines who I am. I’m not homosexual, Sammy. I may sleep with men once in a while, but don’t you dare assume that makes me something I’m not. That is... That is so American of you to think that way.

& Halima: I don’t... I... I can’t give him an argument. «That slut... she wants women to be treated the same as men. That slut wants democracy. Western values.»
    Nabil: What are Western values?
    Halima: Sex. Depravity.
    Nabil: That’s crazy. You know, that’s... that is giving him all the power.
    Halima: I’m a woman! He has all the power!
    Nabil: Yeah, but he’s-he’s lying, anyway. He’s calling you a whore whether you are one or not.
    Halima: So what? Just have sex, no one will know? I will know.

& Leila: For generations the secular and the religious have lived separate existences in our country. Today we know that is no longer possible... if our nation is going to have a real future.

& Leila: Our child. Our son. Don’t tell me you never suspected.

& Gen. Cogswell: Well, you are many things, Leila Al Fayeed, but safe is not one of them.

& Col. Maloof: It makes things complicated, the polls. The army’s not inclined to support anyone, just because they happen to win the election.
    Gen. Cogswell: Really?

--
On the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий