25 сент. 2016 г.

Rules of Honorable Play

Halt and Catch Fire 3×4


& Doug: It’s not structured. It’s not maintainable by anyone. There are reentrant forks, no way of knowing which branch invoked a function. We don’t do that in C++. It’s officially deprecated in the language.

& Doug: It’s a bug factory! The old code makes it impossible to keep track of the reentrant looping.
    Cameron: But I don’t need the object-oriented language, okay? I can keep track of the looping in my head.
    Doug: Oh, I get it. You’re that good.
    Cameron: Yeah, I am. Aren’t you?

& Donna: She thinks we’re a couple.
    Cameron: You’re not my type.

& Cameron: It’s Thing One and Thing Two. God, I can’t stand them! Especially the bigger Thing, this arrogant frat boy. The smaller Thing’s not so bad.
    Donna: You know their names.
    Cameron: Yes, Tweedledee and Tweedledum. Heckle and Jeckle. Frick and Frack...


& Joe: If we can just find the right vector...
    Ryan: Router tech is promising...
    Joe: Ah, Cisco’s already way ahead on that one.
    Ryan: Uh, 3-D graphics. Uh, AI. 5th gen systems...
    Joe: It’s a billion-dollar road to nowhere. I give it a year.

& Joe: Good is the enemy of great. If anything’s worth pursuing, we’ll remember it tomorrow.

& Craig: Can I ask you something? Why won’t you change that original block of PL/M?

& Gordon: It’s Judgment Day, sinners!

& Ryan: What happened?
    Joe: I traded them for something more valuable.
    Ryan: What’s this?
    Joe: The log-in credentials for the ARPANET, the Department of Defense packet-switching network.

& Ryan: You know, the ARPANET isn’t new tech. It’s sort of rusty. It’s not like missile codes or fighter plane blueprints. This is... this is mundane stuff.
    Joe: I do know that. It’s antiquated. And that means it’s ripe for an upgrade.
    Ryan: So what should I do?
    Joe: I need you to go into it, map it, and help me figure out what’s next.

--
On the IMDb

+ Soundtracks.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий