24 авг. 2015 г.

The Second Best Exotic Marigold Hotel



& Sonny: ...And we become the furthest outpost of the Evergreen franchise. Leading to a chain of hotels stretching across India and beyond... for those such as... this great lady... whose face is a map of the world... and whose mind, though failing, still contains many of the secrets of the universe. Who had the chance to say, when she left her home for the Best Exotic Marigold Hotel... as others will do... «Why die here... when I can die there?»

& Muriel: Now, listen and learn, son. Tea is an herb that’s been dried out. So to bring it back to life, you have to infuse it... in boiling water. Everywhere I’ve been in this country... they slap down a cup of tepid nonsense... you know with the teabag lying beside it... which means I’ve got to go through the ridiculous business of dunking it... in the lukewarm piss... waiting for the slightest change of color to occur. And at my age... I haven’t got the time.

& Douglas: ...So they’re looking at me, awaiting my wisdom and knowledge... and I have none of either.
    Evelyn: How many times have you done that tour now’?
    Douglas: Oh, 63.
    Evelyn: And you still can’t remember a word you said?
    Douglas: You know how it is. First the knees, then the names.

& Sonny: Instinct, Sunaina. Instinct is the nose of the mind. And I have a large nose. It goes well with my poppy-out ears.


& Muriel: Just because I’m looking at you when you talk, don’t think I’m interested or listening.
    Madge: Thing is, I don’t know who to say «yes» to.
    Muriel: Well... No, I don’t care.

& Douglas: The great and terrible thing about life... there’s just so much bloody... potential. All of which is almost certainly nonsense and I’ve no idea what I’m talking about.

& Muriel: You know, there’s a long list of things I don’t care for. Doctors’ sunburn. Mosquitoes. People who outstay their welcome. I could go on forever. But there is one thing... I cannot bear and that’s self-pity. It destroys everything around it.

& Douglas: In the end, it’s all very simple. All it takes is to look into someone’s eyes... and say... «Yes. This is what I want.» And for them to reply... «It’s what I want, too.» And there’s nothing to be afraid of.

& Burley: There’s nothing I respect more than someone planting trees under whose shade they may never sit.

& Muriel: There’s no such thing as an ending; just a place where you leave the story.

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий