29 авг. 2015 г.

House of Cards 3×12

Chapter 38


& Seth: I have a suggestion, sir, that’s not on the list.
    Underwood: Who?
    Seth: Me.

& Jacobs: ....You can make a lasting difference here.
    Dunbar: That is exactly what he said.
    Jacobs: His motivations were atrocious, yes, but his logic was sound.
    Dunbar: ... Your mind seems sharp as ever, Robert.
    Jacobs: Except... Except for the fact that I can’t remember your name right now.
    Dunbar: ... Heather.

& Dunbar: If I’m honest with myself, it’s that I want this too much. I didn’t realize it before I started running. It is not that I’ve changed, Robert, that ambition has clouded anything. It is that I was blind to this until now, what I am meant to be. And I am meant to be President of the United States.

& Thomas: «...Here’s a woman who describes her vows as a suicide flirting with a bridge’s edge. And a man who wears his wedding ring as a badge of shame, for the debutante deserved more. But truly, what more could she desire? Together, they rule an empire without heirs. Legacy is their only child.»

& Thomas: «A cold fusion of two universal elements, identical in weight, equal in force. United they stand. A union like none other. The unsplittable atom of American politics.»


& Remy: I don’t even know if I’ll stay in DC.
    Jackie: What are you gonna do?
    Remy: That’s the best part. I have no idea.

& Doug: Betrayal doesn’t come cheap.

& Thomas: This is it. You and Claire. The marriage. That’s the key that unlocks everything else.

& Underwood: So... you’re finally one of us.
    Dunbar: One of who?
    Underwood: The men. In their smoky back rooms.

& Thomas: I almost felt something for you.

& Doug: It’s not Remy. It’s not Seth. It’s me, Frank.
    Underwood: And how can I know I can ever trust you again?
    Doug: Because I just lit two million dollars on fire.

& Dunbar: What is it?
    Doug: A message from the president.
Underwood: I have only one thing to say... Go fuck yourself. ’Christ, that felt good.’

& Claire: I don’t— I’m starting to question all of it, Francis. What any of it is worth. What... what are we doing this for?
    Underwood: For this house! For the presidency.

& Claire: We’ve been lying for a long time, Francis.
    Underwood: Of course we have. Imagine what the voters would think if we started telling the truth.
    Claire: Not to them. To each other.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий