30 авг. 2015 г.

Page Eight

Johnny Worricker — 1


& Nancy Pierpan: Has this ever happened to you? That you suddenly realize you’ve made a mistake?
    Johnny Worricker: Huh.

& Benedict Baron: What are you thinking, Johnny? What have you been thinking?

& Johnny Worricker: I’ve seen certain words, I gather we’re back in the Middle East.
    Jill Tankard: We’re always in the Middle East.
    Johnny Worricker: I don’t like faith jobs. I don’t like anything to do with faith.
    Benedict Baron: Still no faith yourself, Johnny?
    Johnny Worricker: The sun will rise in the morning, I’m going to have a drink at 6:00. That’s my faith.
    Jill Tankard: Really? A lot of people in your church, are there?
    Johnny Worricker: Most people. Most people are in my church.

& Johnny Worricker: They’re morbid, Julianne. Okay, I can see it may be my problem to do with getting older, but why do you want to piss on life before you’ve even lived it?

& Johnny Worricker: Take another look at the bottom of page eight.
    Anthea Catcheside: Page eight? What’s on page eight?
    Johnny Worricker: You haven’t read it, have you? I thought not. Page eight, please.

& Emma Baron: Johnny, it’s the 21st century.
    Johnny Worricker: How many more times?! People keep saying that like it justifies everything, every piece of stupidity.


& Johnny Worricker: The purpose of intelligence is to find the truth, not to confirm what we already believe. We’re meant to look for what’s there, not for what we want to be there.
    Rollo Maverley: Come on, Johnny! Once they wanted communists, we gave them communists. Now they want Arabs, we give them Arabs. They decide what they’re looking for, we find it for them. What has really changed? Nothing.

& Johnny Worricker: Remember your first day, Rollo. First day in the service.
    Rollo Maverley: Of course, Monday morning, 10:00 am. You give the first lecture.
    Johnny Worricker: And what did I say?
    Rollo Maverley: «Never share intelligence you don’t need to share».

& Johnny Worricker: Rollo, Rollo... you have me.
    Rollo Maverley: Sure. How long are you gonna last?

& Nancy Pierpan: Why on earth would you trust me?
    Johnny Worricker: Because that’s the job. Deciding who to trust.

& Johnny Worricker: Do you think Nancy could possibly have a cup of coffee?

& Emma Baron: ...And you’re no use. You like jazz.

& Johnny Worricker: Don’t worry. I don’t do guns or violence.

& Johnny Worricker: We’re heading north.

& Priest: ...And the first hymn [have been chosen] by his oldest friend, John Worricker. I Vow to Thee, My Country.

& Johnny Worricker: I wonder, could we change the station?
    Cab driver: Anything you want?
    Johnny Worricker: I’d like some jazz.

>> Turks & Caicos (Johnny Worricker—2)

--
+ quotes on the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий