7 авг. 2015 г.

House of Cards 3×6

Chapter 32


& Thomas: No worries. First time in Moscow. I’ve got a date with Gorky Park and Swan Lake.

& Claire: I will read it... It says, «I, Michael Corrigan, apologize to the citizens of the Russian Federation for breaking your laws. I regret my part in exposing minors to nontraditional sexual attitudes. I am grateful to President Petrov for the clemency my release demonstrates, and for allowing me to return to the United States.»

& Claire: It’s just words. Words you can disown the moment you’re back on US soil.
    Corrigan: Petrov’s gay propaganda law? That’s just words, too.

& Corrigan: It’s all or nothing.
    Claire: That’s not how politics works.
    Corrigan: But it’s how revolution works!

& President Petrov: No, you’re right. I don’t believe in it. Two of my cabinet ministers are gay. My ex-wife’s nephew is gay, he one who is basically like a son to me. Personally, I don’t care.
    Underwood: So if you don’t care, let’s haul him out and put him on the plane. ...
    President Petrov: You don’t understand Russia, Mr. President. If people don’t like the job you’re doing, they vote you out of office. If they don’t like the job I’m doing, they topple statues. Blood is spilled. Chaos takes over. Is the gay propaganda law barbaric? Yes. Of course it is. But religion, tradition, for most of my people, it’s in their bones. This law was passed for them.

& Underwood: There won’t be a revolution because you freed one man.
    President Petrov: Revolution sneaks up on you, one small step at a time. I don’t take chances, even with the smallest of steps.


& Corrigan: Takes one to know one.

& Claire: You should eat.
    Corrigan: Said the snake to Eve.
    Claire: Eat your apple. The world won’t end.

& Underwood: You’re not only the First Lady, and an ambassador, you’re also my wife.
    Claire: In what order?

& Underwood: Do you really want to discuss courage, Claire? Because anyone can commit suicide, or spout their mouth in front of a camera. But you wanna know what takes real courage? Keeping your mouth shut, no matter what you might be feeling. Holding it all together when the stakes are this high.

& Claire: We’re murderers, Francis.
    Underwood: No, we’re not. We’re survivors.

& Underwood: I should’ve never made you ambassador.
    Claire: I should’ve never made you president.

& Underwood: What are you looking at?
Ω So true. What?
--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий