18 авг. 2015 г.

House of Cards 3×10

Chapter 36


& Eliana Caspi: Forgive me, Prince Ryad. You may be dealing with a few hundred refugees, but we are facing mortar attacks. Fourteen in the last two weeks.
    Hasan Aruri: None of your people have died yet!
    Eliana Caspi: The last one came within 50 meters of a school.
    Hasan Aruri: Your troops have killed over a dozen Palestinians in house raids. You expect us not to fight back?

& Claire: We need to discuss the no-fly zone.
    Eliana Caspi: It’s only for the Russians, not the peacekeepers. They can’t stay if they have nothing to eat.
    Claire: What are you going to do, shoot down a supply plane?
    Eliana Caspi: We hope they won’t make us face that choice.
    Claire: They’ll ignore it. And you’re just going to antagonize Moscow.
    Eliana Caspi: I’m sorry, but the no-fly zone is above my pay grade. Perhaps your husband can talk to the prime minister...

& Jackie: I don’t want a wife who’s miserable because she turned her back on the White House. Alan: Look... The thing about surgery is, once you’re in, you’re in. There’s a beating heart in front of you. Someone’s life. There’s no room for doubt. So, whatever goes wrong... say hemorrhage or a blood clot, you deal with it. You don’t get to walk away.
    Jackie: But that’s life or death. This isn’t.
    Alan: It is for you.

& President Petrov: I say to Israel, keep your airspace. Keep your no-fly zone. I will be flying through it, nevertheless. Shoot me down, if you wish, because nothing can stop me from standing side by side with my countrymen. I will embrace the men who serve this country, because I am Russian, and Russians... do not abandon their own.


& Underwood: Claire, I value your opinion. I just don’t agree with it this time.

& President Petrov: I think she should be gone.
    Underwood: Gone in what way? Gone from these negotiations?
    President Petrov: As ambassador. My final condition.
    Underwood: That cannot be on the table!
    President Petrov: It is. And it’s non-negotiable.

& President Petrov: I’m doing you a favor.
    Underwood: You are being petty!
    President Petrov: The SEAL team you sent... Look how easily we manipulated her. Moryakov didn’t have to work too hard. Did we blow up our own men? Maybe we did. Maybe we didn’t. But we made her believe that we did. And she convinced you. Now, wouldn’t you call that blindness?

& President Petrov: I’ve killed a man with my bare hands. It wasn’t make-believe. Do you think you’re capable?.... I think you are. You’re ruthless. Like me.

& President Petrov: Sometimes we must be ruthless with those who hate us... And sometimes we must be ruthless with those we love.

& Underwood: I need to concentrate on what’s in front of me right now.
    Claire: I am. I’m in front of you.

& Underwood: My decision. Sometimes I think the presidency... is the illusion of choice.

& Underwood: I wish I could do that sometimes. Escape myself.

& Tom: I’m not asking as your biographer. I’m asking as your friend.
    Underwood: Are we friends?
    Tom: We could pretend to be...
    Underwood: This isn’t pretend. I’m real.

& Tom: You’re hurting.
    Underwood: She’s hurting more.
    Tom: Everyone’s hurting.

& Tom: Whatever he did out there must have worked.
    Kate: Mm... I wonder what it cost him.

--
+ Quotes from the IMDb

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий